“If you get a diagnosis of cancer, please talk with your doctor about changing your diet. Cancer is a fungus, and a fungus is an organism that needs to feed. When you are eating sweets, drinking alcohol, taking antibiotics and eating grains, you are feeding that fungus. Look at the anti-fungal diet, and talk to your doctor about trying sporanox and nystatin (anti-fungals) before you talk to him about chemotherapy and radiation.” Doug Kaufmann, author of The Fungus Link.
Is cancer a fungus, or just similar to a fungus?
Candida Albicans is a type of yeast infection that can be found in about 90% of the American population to one degree or another, and are most commonly found in the intestinal tract, mouth, vagina, and on the skin of those who are infected. When your immune system is functioning properly, having some candida is not very serious. However, if your immune system is not functioning optimally, then this infection has the ability to crowd out the beneficial bacteria of the gut and take over, and if the intestinal lining becomes damaged, these yeasts have the ability to pass into the blood stream and set up camp throughout the body.
These yeasts are anaerobes– meaning that they don’t metabolize oxygen to survive, they ferment sugar instead (just like cancerous cells). Furthermore, they create an alcohol by-product that further increases the acidity of the body (also similar to cancer), and it is in these acidic, oxygen-lacking conditions where micro-organism like viruses, parasites, and cancer will thrive.
Candida and cancer – Doug Kaufmann is a researcher and author who has studied yeast infections and candida for over 30 years. His studies demonstrate that fungi in foods, as well as the overuse of antibiotics, leads to an intestinal yeast overgrowth which can then compromise our health in many ways, including a diagnosis of cancer.
As proof of his research, he devised a diet that was based on the elimination of foods that would feed candida overgrowth (such as various forms of sugars and foods that the body would convert into glucose such as white flour, rice, corn and potatoes), and by eliminating foods that are contaminated with mycotoxins, which is a fungal-type of toxin that is commonly found growing corn, wheat, barley, sorghum, peanuts and pistachios.
Kaufmann theorizes that a systemic fungal infection of the blood can closely resemble that of a leukemic condition and doctors who are not trained in this may easily confuse the two. He claims that when children with documented cases of leukemia changed their diets to eliminate these fungal-containing foods, they were able to reverse the symptoms of their disease.
Other doctors who have studied this connection have come to similar conclusions including Dr Marc Bielski, who stated that ‘leukemia, whether acute or chronic, is intimately associated with the candida albicans yeast, which mutates into a fungal form when it overgrows.’ Another doctor, Meinolf Karthaus, observed three children suddenly go into remission upon receiving a triple anti-fungal drug cocktail that was prescribed to treat their “secondary” fungal infections. Read an article about a woman diagnosed with leukemia, but 2nd opinion reveals that it was a systemic fungal infection
Since cancer and yeast infections have been linked, by simply changing what you eat and drink you can begin to get your candida overgrowth under control. Limiting your exposure to fungal-containing foods is the first step. Doug Kaufmann has devised 3 phases to his diet. Phase 1 being the most limiting and then gradually working more foods into the diet.
Adopting an anti-fungal diet
Foods you should avoid:
- Limit your consumption of conventional meats and dairy dairy products from animals that have been fed grains and limit to pasture raised animals only.
- Wheat, corn, barley, sorghum as they may be contaminated with molds
- All sugars and artificial sweeteners
- Maple syrup
- Dried fruits
- Breaded or deep-fried meats
- Potatoes, yams
- Beans and peas
- All yeast containing breads and pastries
- Alcoholic beverages
- Grain vinegar, pickles, salad dressings, green olives
- Peanuts and all peanut products
Foods that are okay to eat on anti-fungal diet:
- All meats/eggs should be range-fed and hormone-free.
- Raw dairy products from cows or goats (if available)
- Unsweetened, plain cultured yogurt and butter from grass-fed / organic animals.
- Use stevia to sweeten your foods
- Fruits (raw) include green apples, berries such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, along with grapefruits, avocado, lemons, and limes. Fruits are very easily digested and should be eaten separately from your other meals, or they can be blended into green smoothies. They should be eaten about 1/2 hour before your meals to keep them separate.
- Spirulina and chlorella.
- Most vegetables –except for potatoes, yams, corn, peas and beans.
- Drink bottled or filtered water
- Herbal teas
- Oats, brown rice, sour dough bread, quinoa, millet, amaranth
- Seeds and nuts (except for peanuts and pistachios)
- Unrefined coconut and olive oils.
Self testing for Candida- Having a white-coated tongue is one indicator of a systematic candida infection.
Self-test with a glass of water next to your bed so that you can spit into it first thing upon waking and then check the water after 30 minutes.
If the saliva has remained at the top of the water and there are no strings attached to it then this is an indication that you do not have a problem with candida
If the saliva sinks to the bottom of the glass this is an indication that you have a serious problem
If the saliva has grown string-like appendages this is an indication that you have a candida yeast infection. The more strings and cloudiness there is and the faster it develops, the greater the overgrowth problem that you are dealing with.
You will find some natural remedies for candida at the bottom of the page.
Try These Natural Remedies for Candida
Raw garlic- is a powerful anti-fungal that has been found to be as effective as Nystatin in destroying candida albicans. Try eating one clove of garlic per day that is sandwiched between two slices of apple to lessen the burn.
Bentonite Detox Clay -can literally pull the candida off of the intestinal walls. It also absorbs toxins, heavy metals, bacteria, virus and fungi to be passed out with bowel movements.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar– is rich in natural enzymes that can help to regulate the presence of candida in the body, it also helps to encourage the growth of healthy bacteria which helps to minimize the overgrowth of candida. ACV can also be applied directly to the skin with a spray bottle to easily treat fungal infections such as athletes foot, toenail fungus and dandruff.
Colloidal Silver– the protocol consists of taking 1 tbsp of Colloidal Silver and holding it in the mouth/under the tongue for 60 seconds, then swallowing. This is done twice per day for 14 days, and once per day for another 14 days to kill off any bacteria, virus and fungal infections.
Psyllium Husk Powder – is a bulk-forming laxative that is used for cleansing the colon. It is also effective at eliminating any yeast that has accumulated in the colon.
Thorne Formula SF722– is a strong anti-candida remedy of undecylenic acid in a base of pure, extra-virgin olive oil.
Pau D’Arco Tea– comes from the inner bark of this tree and has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, and anti-fungal agents that have been shown to be effective against candida, herpes, prostitus, cancer, Hodgkin’s disease and AIDS. Additionally, Pau d’arco has become a standard form of therapy to treat cancer and various infections in hospitals throughout Brazil, Argentina, and other countries in South America, with at least one company obtaining a U.S. patent based on their research findings in regards to cancer. Read more about Pau D’ Arco
Fivelac– is a multiple strain probiotic that restores the healthy gut flora and crowds out the bad bacteria to promote good digestive health.
Nystatin and Sporanox- are both anti-fungal treatments that are commonly prescribed by doctors.
Oregano Oil– has several phenols that can kill yeasts, fungi, and molds. Look for oil with a high percentage of carvocal as this is the antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, antibacterial component within the oil. It can kill the Candida Albicans yeast, as well as Aspergillus mold, E. coli, and Staphylococcus and can also help to boost your immune system. You can purchase oil of oregano for candida treatment at most health food stores. Dosage- start with one or two droppers-full in an 8 oz glass of water, taken up to 3 x per day.
- Topical application of oregano oil can be used for for skin infections– It can also be used to treat yeast infections of the skin which include ringworm, athletes foot, dandruff and toe fungus. Because it is potent, you must dilute it with extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil to be able to apply it directly to sensitive areas of the skin. Mix five to ten drops with one teaspoon of olive or coconut oil and store in a container and use as needed. For dandruff, mix a few drops into your shampoo lather and leave on your hair for a few minutes (do not get lather into eyes as this will sting), and rinse thoroughly.
The symptoms of candida?