Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural product resulting from the fermentation of apple cider into a vinegar. It has a long history of treating aliments that dates back to the time of Hippocrates. ACV contains many vital minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, sulfur, and copper; and ACV in its raw form is also rich in food enzymes.
The acetic acid found in ACV is a powerful purifying agent that can aid in the treatment of various fungal, bacterial, and yeast infections. Those with severe intestinal yeast problems (candida), may find that their symptoms will actually worsen when they first begin taking ACV therapy, but this is only because the body’s detoxing mechanisms haven’t caught up to the sudden die-off of the yeast.
Clinical studies have shown that ACV helps to lower blood pressure and it also helps to regulate insulin levels. One theory is that ACV might activate some of the digestive enzymes that break carbohydrates down into sugar, thus slowing the absorption of sugar from your meals into your bloodstream. This gives your body more time to pull sugar out of your blood and prevents sugar levels from spiking.
Many people also report having reduced symptoms of acid reflux (heartburn) after using ACV. This is because these conditions are often caused by too little stomach acid– rather than too much, so taking common anti-acids as a remedy is actually counter productive for this condition. As with other acids, the acetic acid in ACV can increase your body’s ability to absorb important minerals from the foods you eat. Therefore, it is possible that drinking a mild tonic of ACV mixed with water just before your meal times may actually help to improve your body’s ability to absorb the essential minerals that are locked within your foods.
- ACV adds to the acidic environment of the stomach which helps to break down foods
- 2 T ACV mixed with 8 oz water taken before a meal can help to eliminate the need for heartburn medications.
- ACV is rich in live enzymes which the body uses for digestion
- ACV helps to alkalize your body following digestion.
- May improve bowel irregularities such as diarrhea and constipation.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers HDL cholesterol levels
- Helps reduce glucose levels in the blood
- Naturally helps the body break down fats rather than store them as cellulite.
- Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Mix 1 cup warm water with 2 Tbsp of ACV and 2 Tbsp of Black strap molasses which is high in iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and copper, to relieve joint pain and stiffness from arthritis.
- Is a natural cure for gout
- Can be used as a natural cure for yeast infections
- Use as an astringent as it helps improve skin conditions such as acne and gives your complexion a smoother texture.
- Helps restore the natural pH of the skin
- Remedy for a sunburn- just mix with water and mist on the area with a spray bottle, or add 1 C to your bath water and have a long soak
- Is an anti-dandruff remedy
- Removes warts.
- Removes moles
- Can be used as a base for making herbal tinctures