John Curry heals from stage 4 prostate cancer with an alkaline diet and supplements
My name is John Curry, I am 62 years old, from Duncan, OK. I’m telling my story in hopes that it might save you some time, money and misery.
I’m not too good with time lines, but I figure it was around October 2010 when my back began to hurt. I found that I would be standing in line at Wal-Mart, or the post office and suddenly I’d have extreme pain in my left hip. I went to the chiropractor several times but got very little relief. On some occasions, the pain was so bad that I was reduced to crawling on the floor, or using a walker or a cane to get around.
I went to the emergency room twice, and both times they told me that they couldn’t find anything wrong, and then suggested that I go visit my regular doctor to get my medications…. I think they thought that I was just looking for painkillers. The third time I went to the emergency room I told my wife that I was going to chain myself to the light pole if they couldn’t find what was wrong.
Well, this time the ER physician delved a little deeper and told me that he did find something wrong, but that I should discuss the situation with my regular doctor. When my doctor came to my room, he gave me the news that I had cancer from head to toe. My bones appeared black on the bone scan. My PSA was 239….. and I figured that I was done for. I was told that I could buy some time if I underwent castration and started taking bicalutamide (an oral non-steroidal anti-androgen used for the treatment of prostate cancer) which I agreed to do.
After about a year of treatment, my doctor told me that the prostate cancer was coming back and that he was releasing me from his care… the next step for me was chemotherapy. My wife asked if that would mean a “cure” for me, but he told her “the horse is out of the barn and there’s no getting him back.” He gave me 8 months to live if I did nothing. This is when I told my wife that I would look into the chemo, but that I really didn’t want to go that route. I figured that this would be the end for me, and that I was going to have to sell all of my fishing stuff and tell my family and friends good-bye.
My sister-in-law mentioned using an alkaline diet, so I began to study every Youtube video that I could find on the subject which then led me to more alternative information. I thought to myself, if the person in the video isn’t trying to make money, and the remedy sounds simple and makes sense, then I would give it a try. I figure that it couldn’t hurt, and it was certainly cheaper than everything that I have already experienced.
I started doing the home remedies about 30 days before my first oncologist appointment, and I started feeling better. At four o’clock one morning, I was feeling so good that I woke up my wife and showed her that I could do sit-ups and push-ups! She exclaimed, “Is it a miracle?” I assumed it was a miracle (I’m still giving God the glory), since I had only been doing these remedies for a few weeks. When I met the doctor, I told him what had happened and that I was feeling great. He scratched his head and then ordered a new bone scan.
When the time came to compare the two scans we were all gathered together in his office. He brought up the original bone scan, and there were my black-looking bones on the screen. Suddenly my second bone scan appeared and my bones were white! He looked at me and asked, “what are you doing?” I replied, “God!” The doctor then said, “this could be.” He ordered more blood tests. About an hour before my next appointment, his nurse called and told me that my PSA was 1.5 and that I didn’t need their services any longer!
Here’s a list of the therapies that I had been doing:
- I followed an Alkaline diet
- No sugar whatsoever! No artificial sweeteners. (although I did use some Stevia to sweeten on occasion). Read more about Sugar and cancer
- I mixed one tsp of baking soda with one tbsp. of molasses and 6 oz. of room temperature water. I drank this mixture once per day on an empty stomach. Watch the video below for this. Read the link on sodium bicarbonate for more information about this. Also look for natural baking soda such as Bob’s Red Mill which is available at most grocery stores. Sodium bicarbonate can reduce potassium and folate levels so it is important that one supplements with both of these if you are going to use sodium bicarbonate regularly.
- I ate seven to fourteen Bitter Raw Apricot Kernels per day. Read more apricot kernels
- I took Curcumin – 3 capsules of 1000 mg (one in the morning, noon, and night). Read more about turmeric / curcumin
- I ate lots of fresh ginger that was grated onto my food.
- I dug up dandelion roots which I dried and ground up in a coffee grinder to make a dandelion tea (video below). If you are unable to do this, you can find dried Dandelion Root and make a tea with it. Read more about dandelions and cancer
I now go fishing three or four times a week and I can wrestle with my 9yr. old grandson. I’m back to my old self about 90%, except for the damage that was already done, and I have some neuropathy in my feet. This was shared by John Curry, October 2012
Vernon Johnston shares the baking soda / molasses therapy that he used for his own prostate cancer. 1 tsp of baking soda to 1 tsp of molasses and 1 cup of room temperature water. Stir the mixture together and then drink the mixture on an empty stomach. Note from CCAR: it should be noted that both John Curry and Vernon Johnston both changed their diets drastically, took a variety of supplements, and did not rely only on the baking soda and molasses mixture to cure their cancer.
How to make a dandelion root tea
Ty Bollinger discusses the benefit of eating apricot kernels for cancer