I was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme Grade 4 on July 22, 2013, and was given a prognosis of 14 months. Glioblastoma is an aggressive type of cancer which spreads into other parts of the brain very quickly with finger-like projections that are hard to remove surgically. It has a median survival time of 15 to 16 months in people who have surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation treatment, and it has a 5 year overall survival rate of less than 5%.
I had surgery on August 13, 2013 and was treated with oral chemotherapy and had radiation over the next several months.
I began researching what I could do naturally and found an article titled “Garlic Kills Brain Cancer Cells Without Side Effects.” The website mentioned that in order to take advantage of the potential anti-cancer benefits from garlic you have to peel and chop it, and then let it rest for 15 minutes before eating or cooking with it. This gives the garlic time to form the compound allicin, which is a powerful anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent. Once that transformation has occurred, it begins the process of converting the allicin into the anti-cancer compounds diallyl sulfide, diallyl disulfide, and diallyl trisulfide. Chopped garlic that is not given this time to rest will not have any of these anticancer compounds.
In December of 2013, I started to eat as much raw garlic as I could. Then, in 2015, I began taking an odorless garlic supplement instead of the raw garlic. Coincidentally, it was in late 2015 that I was told that the cancer was starting to form a new tumor. My Oncologist sent me to a Neurological Surgeon for a second opinion anticipating that I would need to have more chemotherapy or a Gamma Knife procedure, but I talked the surgeon into waiting 3 months to do the MRI before deciding how best to proceed. During that time I went back to eating the raw garlic as prepared above.
In the meantime, I listened to a podcast interview with Doctor Bharat Aggarwal PhD, who stated that supplementing with curcumin is the best way to beat all cancers. You can read more about healing cancer with high doses of curcumin with this post.
Another website recommended eating cayenne peppers and ginger for their anti-cancer properties, so I decided to step up my protocol and I added cayenne pepper and ginger to my garlic protocol over the next 3 months. I also began supplementing high doses of Bio-available Curcumin.
Three months later the MRI confirmed the tumor had not grown in size. We decided to wait an additional 3 months to do a second MRI which revealed that the tumor was actually shrinking! To have a glioblastoma shrink without chemotherapy is virtually unheard of! We waited another 3 months to verify that the cancer was in remission. An MRI taken in May of 2019 confirmed that the tumor is gone.
My Anti-Cancer Protocol Includes:
- I eat raw garlic everyday, at least 1 clove
- I season my food with ginger, turmeric, and cayenne pepper daily.
- I eat avocados daily
- I eat steel cut oats, local honey, cinnamon, pineapples, blueberries, and strawberries everyday.
- I eat Ezekiel bread every morning with local honey, almond butter, and cinnamon.
- I make the same skillet breakfast that I eat every morning. Start by chopping a clove of fresh garlic and let it sit for 15 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and a splash of extra virgin olive oil on low heat. Add diced veggie sausage, 1 tablespoon powdered ginger, 2 tablespoons powdered turmeric, sliced bell peppers and tomatoes and then add the garlic and saute together. Enjoy!
- I eat some meat, but it only comes from animals that are grass-fed.
- No sugars are allowed
- I only use coconut, avocado and olive oil
- Limited dairy products
- I take curcumin supplements
- I take Boswellia supplements
- I add black seed oil to my smoothies (recipe below).
- You can read more about black seed oil with this post.
Black Seed Oil Smoothie- blend the following until smooth,
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 cup vanilla non-dairy yogurt
• 1 banana
• 1/2 cup strawberries
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp Black Seed Oil
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1-2 teaspoon ginger
“I believe that most cancer is caused by inflammation, so I do use therapies that are anti-inflammatory. The bottom line is you have to find a way to kill the cancer stem cells. These are cells that may generate tumors through the stem cell processes of self-renewal and differentiation. These cells are hypothesized to persist in tumors as a distinct population and cause relapse and cancer metastasis by giving rise to new tumors. Garlic, ginger, cayenne peppers, curcumin, and black seed oil all have the ability to kill cancer stem cells.” James McGraw
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the website of James McCraw
- Join his Facebook Group Beating Cancer
James is the author of 2 books about killing cancer stem cells with spices:
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- An anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy