“You aren’t sick because you have cancer –
You have cancer because you are sick.” Dr Lorraine Day
This blog was created to provide information for those who are struggling with a cancer diagnosis and are looking for alternative options. Often cancer patients are rushed to begin the traditional therapies of surgery, chemotherapy or radiation and aren’t given the opportunity to investigate the alternative therapies that would be helpful for them. There are many options available, but you will not hear about them from your oncologist, radiologist, or surgeon because it is illegal in the U.S. to use anything other than the aforementioned therapies to treat cancer.
The War on Cancer- We are in the midst of a cancer epidemic, as one in two men and one in three women can expect to be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetimes. Cancer is expected to claim 585,720 American lives in 2014, along with 7.6 million people worldwide. About 1,665,540 new cases are expected to be diagnosed in the United States in 2014, and this estimate does not include figures for carcinoma in situ (which is a non-invasive cancer) of any site except for urinary/bladder, nor does it include basal cell or squamous cell skin cancers because they are not required to be reported to the cancer registries.
Even though research and treatment efforts have intensified over the past three decades, the annual death toll has continued to rise. Researchers point out that this is because people are living longer than ever, and since cancer becomes more prevalent with age, it is unfair to just look at only the raw numbers when assessing progress. Therefore, when mortality rates are calculated, they are adjusted to compare cancer fatalities by age group, over time. Yet even when using this model for analysis, the percentage of Americans dying from cancer is about the same as it was back in the 50′s; and since our population has grown since then, this means that more people than ever are being diagnosed with cancer, more people than ever are dying from the disease and many of them are below the age of 50. We must recognize that our current strategies are not working.
Billions of Dollars Spent- The NCI has an annual budget of 5 billion dollars, and has spent some 90 billion dollars on research and treatments since the war on cancer was declared by President Richard Nixon in 1971. Pharmaceutical companies spend 8 billion dollars annually researching and developing cancer drugs, and there are about 260 nonprofit organizations in the United States that have dedicated themselves to cancer research that have annual budgets that top $2.2 billion. All told, the money spent each year on cancer exceeds 16 billion dollars, and yet what has all of this money bought for us? We hear almost nightly about new breakthroughs that are happening in the cancer arena, and yet these treatments have only extended lives by an average of 2 or 3 additional months, and this is often in a state of extreme suffering.
Ignoring the Obvious- From a more historical perspective cancer has always been an extremely rare disease, that is, until the steadily increasing rates that have occurred within industrialized nations since the early to mid 1900′s. Billions of dollars are being spent annually looking for genetic links to cancer, but are we ignoring the elephant in the room…. The human genome has not changed significantly for thousands of years, so why would our genes suddenly go rogue and become the cause of death for millions of people? The answer is that damaged and faulty genes are not the killers that they have been made out to be. What kills a cancer patient is not the tumor itself, but the numerous reasons behind the cell mutations that have led to the development of the tumor in the first place. You see, cancer is just a symptom of an underlying problem that has been brought on by our modern lifestyle- more specifically by eating a poor diet, having an overly-toxic body, partaking in risky behaviors, or experiencing the constant emotional conflicts that result from holding onto resentments, or feelings of guilt and shame– all of which can overwhelm and collapse the immune system and lead to the development of cancer.
Genetics- are said to only account for 5- 10 % of cancers, so that mean that 90-95 % of cancers are caused primarily by the factors that I have listed above. Yet even those 5-10% have the potential for adaptation as new research reveals that our genes have the incredible ability to respond dynamically to the environments that they are exposed to– literally activating and deactivating the chemical switches that regulate how they will express themselves.
These environmental factors once again include poor diet, exposure to toxins, risky behaviors, and how we handle stress. To prove this theory, Dr Dean Ornish did a study on prostate cancer patients which involved having them eat a vegetarian diet and incorporating stress relieving techniques. The study revealed that over 500 genes were affected by these lifestyle changes, in fact, certain disease-preventing genes were up-regulated, or turned on, and certain disease promoting genes, including the oncogenes involved in cancer were down-regulated, or turned off. The study suggests that comprehensive lifestyle changes can cause changes in gene expression that can be beneficial to the general population as well as to those suffering from cancer. Read more about his study with this link.
The Immune System – the simple fact is that our bodies are continually developing cancerous cells throughout our lives. A healthy immune system is able to identify and destroy these cells before they are able to grow uncontrollably. It is only when the immune system fails at this most basic function that cancerous cells are allowed to grow and reproduce at uncontrollable rates, thus creating a life-threatening situation. For this reason, all cancer healing protocols should recognize that a breakdown of the immune system is a primary concern, and then work to build it back up- not tear it down further as is the norm when having conventional medical interventions. Start by addressing your nutritional deficiencies as well as clearing your body of toxicity, and you will begin to address the true cause of cancer.
Change your internal terrain:
- By nourishing your body with whole foods that are rich in enzymes and nutrients
- The health benefits of juicing and blending fruits and vegetables
- Understanding acid/alkaline balance
- Incorporating enzyme therapy
- Including cancer-fighting foods, supplements and herbal therapies.
- Explore diets such as raw vegan, alkaline, macrobiotics and the ketogenic which have all helped people heal from cancer
- Hormones and antibiotics in conventional dairy and meats which promote the growth of cancer
- Sugars which feed cancer, and artificial sweeteners that are linked to its development
- Nutritionally depleted processed and fast foods; we are overfed and under-nourished
- Chemical additives, preservatives and colorings
- Unhealthy fats which interrupt cell function
- Incorporating various detox strategies to cleanse your internal and external environments
- Removing commonly used toxic chemicals such as fluoride and chlorine from your drinking water
- Why Genetically Modified Organisms are harmful to your body and the environment
- Removing pesticides, herbicides and fungicides
- Taking a closer look at vaccines
- How to make your own natural products.
- Learning relaxation therapies such as yoga, meditations and other stress relieving exercises.
- Documentaries, book-lists and a library of websites to provide an in-depth look at alternative cancer therapies.
- Information for breast health and breast cancer.
- Articles about corruption in our current health system which relies solely on pharmaceuticals which do nothing to cure diseases because they don’t address the underlying causes of our health issues.
- A growing collection of doctors and clinics using alternative methods to treat cancer.
- Search tools to locate holistic healthcare in your area.
- A collection of various alternative therapies for cancer.
- An extensive and growing collection of personal testimonials from those who have used alternative methods to heal their cancers.
- The information contained in this website is intended, and shall be deemed to be, for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment, or advice of a qualified licensed professional.
- None of the statements regarding alternative treatments for cancer have been evaluated by the FDA, and many of the therapies that are written about have not been approved by the FDA.
- I am not a doctor and the content contained on this website consists of my own personal commentary and opinions, and is therefore protected under the laws of free speech.
- I assume no responsibility for inaccuracies of my source materials.
- If you elect to implement, or use any of the information contained in this website, it is done so at your own free will and discretion, and this website is not liable for how this information is interpreted or used by the reader.
- I assume no responsibility relating to Google Translator’s inability to depict the materials as they were intended.
- This page is in no way affiliated with Cancer Compass.com which is an informational message board that is sponsored by Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
- Please visit the “about page” for more information about this website.
- Read the affiliate disclosure statement
- Please pardon any typo’s or broken links, feel free to send me a quick note and I can fix them for you.
- This page does not function properly if you are using an outdated web browser, and may not display properly on a hand-held device.