“If you go downstairs and find that your basement is covered in mold, you could spray bleach all over everything. The bleach will kill the mold, as well as damage your furniture and your storage boxes- in just the same way that chemo would do to your body. But in the end, the original problem remains; you still have a damp, dark basement, and without any ventilation or sunlight, that mold will grow back.” Dr Kelly Turner
The problem with Western medicine is that it treats the body as a collection of parts instead of the synergistic organism that it is. When it comes to treating broken bones and injured body parts, this way of thinking is unequaled. But when this same approach is used to treat illness and diseases such as cancer, then modern medicine fails miserably. By failing to recognize that toxicity along with an overwhelmed and collapsed immune system are the root causes of cancer, then patients who seek conventional medical advice will only receive treatments that further weakens the immune system. Over time, this will worsen the conditions that led to the cancer in the first place, and as a result, it will pave the way for future cancers.
Cancer Statistics for the U.S.
Statistics state that men have a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing cancer, and women have a 1 in 3. Each year there are approximately 12,400 children between the ages of birth through 19 who are diagnosed with cancer, breaking down to about one in 300 boys and one in 333 girls. In 1998, about 2500 children died of cancer, thus making cancer the most common cause of death by disease for children and adolescents in America.
In 1998, more than 1 million new cases were diagnosed making cancer the second leading cause of death in the U.S. exceeded only by heart disease. From 1975-2007 childhood cancers rose by 30%, lymphomas up by 82%, post menopausal breast up 23%, testicular cancer up 60%, thyroid cancer up 145%, melanoma up 163%, kidney/renal/pelvis cancer up 107%, and lung cancer is up 13%.
The Conventional View of Cancer
- Cancer is a term used for diseases in which abnormal cells divide without control and are able to invade other tissues.
- Cancer cells can spread to other parts of the body through the blood and lymph systems.
- Cancer is not just one disease because there are more than 100 different types of cancer. Most cancers are named for the organ or type of cell in which they start – for example, cancer that begins in the colon is called colon cancer; cancer that begins in basal cells of the skin is called basal cell carcinoma.
- The genetic material (DNA) of a cell can become damaged or changed, producing mutations that affect normal cell growth and division. When this happens, cells do not die when they should and new cells form when the body does not need them. The extra cells may form a mass of tissue called a tumor.
- No one knows the exact cause of most cancers.
- The only approved treatment options currently allowed are surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation and doctors will lose their license if the offer or suggest any other treatment to their patients.
- Chemotherapy targets fast replicating cells such as found in cancer, but it will also target the cells of the intestines and hair follicles.
- Link to National Cancer Institute: What is cancer?
The Alternative View of Cancer
Everyday our bodies are fighting a war against cancer cells, and only a healthy immune system is able to keep them in check. It is only when the body is so overwhelmed with toxins, and the immune system severely weakened, that cancer is allowed to take hold and grow.
The internal causes of cancer are what you are putting in and on your body, and this will include a poor diet, using toxic personal care products, exposure to toxic chemicals from the environment, a lack of exercise, smoking, alcohol abuse, prescription medications, and how you handle stress or emotional issues that can undermine your health (including self-hate, resentment, bitterness, envy, or jealousy).
Toxic Diets- Eating the Standard American diet is a recipe for illness, as it includes eating diets high in processed and fast foods (nutritionally dead foods); as well as those that are high in sugar (which feeds cancer); or foods which contain chemical concoctions including artificial sweeteners, colors, texturizers and preservatives; eating microwaved foods, frequent meals of fast foods; consuming toxic adulterated fats; consuming conventionally-raised dairy and meats which contain growth hormones and antibiotics.
Current research indicates that 80-90% are directly related to diet, lifestyle and environmental factors such as pollution of the air and water, as well as exposure to radiation. If this is so, can we use this information to change the conditions that bought about the diagnosis of cancer in the first place and have a lasting impact on the overall health of the patient?
Video by Ty Bollinger, cancer is the result of a compromised immune system
How to build up the immune system in order to battle cancer
Read Part 2 in this series: Why are surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation the only treatments being offered by my doctor?