Ginger Rollins heals from brain cancer with an alkaline diet, supplements and emotional cleansing
It was June of 2010, when Ginger Rollins (age 50) sought medical attention for some severe headaches that she had been having. A subsequent MRI revealed that she had a large tumor growing in the left frontal lobe of her brain. Ginger had surgery a few days later to remove the tumor and she was diagnosed as having a Stage 4 Glioblastoma. As she was recovering from the surgery in the ICU, her doctors pulled her family aside and told them that she would probably not survive this, but if she did she would probably not live more than six months.
Ginger was sent to Duke Hospital in Raleigh, North Carolina for further analysis where doctors told her that the tumor shared some of the same characteristics of being an Oligodendroglioma. Doctors prescribed 6 weeks of radiation (which she did), along with six weeks of oral chemotherapy tablets that were to be followed by 15 months of high-dose chemotherapy that her doctors said was necessary to prevent a recurrence.
After the radiation treatments, she began taking the oral chemotherapy, but after taking only 3 pills she made the decision to stop because she had read that they would not be effective at crossing the blood brain barrier to reach the area of the tumor. When she told her doctor that she did not want to take them or the high dose chemotherapy either, he replied, “Well… I guess you just want to die then, don’t you?”
She left the doctor’s office and began researching for herself. She says that she found a lot of information on the internet that was very helpful. She also spoke with a naturopathic doctor in her area who recommended that she raise her pH by eating a diet that was high in alkaline foods (this would be consistent with a diet that contains lots of fresh vegetables and fruits). He also recommended that she take a variety of supplements along with some digestive enzymes.
Ginger reports that her diet prior to being diagnosed with cancer contained a lot of fast foods, processed foods, microwaved foods and sugar. She had to totally revamp her diet and lifestyle in order to make the changes that were necessary to heal her body.
It was also during this time that Ginger realized that she needed to heal herself emotionally and spiritually as well. She met with some counselors to discuss the emotional scars that she had experienced while growing up with an abusive father and having been married to two abusive husbands. The counselors helped her to release all of the negative energy that she had been holding onto for so many years. Some of the healing therapies that she used included writing in a journal, making a gratitude list and saying positive affirmations in order to replace the negative energy with something that was more uplifting. She says that these were very important aspects of her healing.
Ginger celebrated her 5 year anniversary of being cancer free in June of 2015. She remains cancer-free and is feeling great.
The dietary changes that Ginger made:
- She made a breakfast smoothie everyday with blueberries, strawberries, hemp seeds and coconut oil
- Her meals consisted of fresh, organic vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, kale, greens, and asparagus along with small amounts of meat for lunch and dinner
- She began juicing vegetables and fruits
- She bought organic produce from her local farmer’s market, as well as frozen organic fruits and vegetables from her local grocery store.
- She began growing her own vegetable garden
- She drank organic green tea during the day. Read more about green tea for cancer
- GNC Women’s Ultra Multi Vitamin, was taken twice per day
- Fish Oil Supplement
- A Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc Supplement
- Vitamin D3 combined with Vitamin K2 supplement
- Probiotic Supplement at bedtime to restore healthy gut bacteria.
- Melatonin, 1 capsule was taken at bedtime to help her sleep.
- Raw Organic Whole Food Alkalizer, this was taken a couple of times during the day until her urine pH tested at 7.0- 7.5 on a consistent basis. You can use pH strips for testing urine and saliva. Read more about testing the pH
- Doctor’s Choice Antioxidant was taken 3 times per day
- Essential Enzymes, these were taken at mealtimes to help with digestion.
Alternative therapies that she used
- Essiac Tea, one serving was taken 3 times per day. Essiac is a tea made from combination of herbs, roots, and bark and has been used by many people to treat cancer. Read more about it and instructions to make it with this link.
- She ate Bitter Apricot Kernels. She started with 9 kernels per day and worked up to taking 30 per day. Apricot kernels contain laetrile which is said to be a cancer-fighting compound. Read more laetrile and how to take it with this link.
- Colloidal silver protocol, this is 1 tsp of colloidal silver that is held under the tongue for 30 seconds and then swallowed. This was taken twice per day for 14 days, per instructions from her naturopath, and can be continued once per day after that. Colloidal Silver is an effective remedy for killing virus, bacteria, and fungal infections. You can find this from various online vendors or from Amazon.com
Books that she recommends
- Cancer: Step Outside the Box , by Ty Bollinger
- The Cancer Report: The Latest Research – How Thousands are Achieving Permanent Recoveries
- You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise Hay
Additional resources for more information
- Read more about alkaline diets and how to test the pH
- Read an article about smoothies
- Read an article about juicing
- Read more about Essiac Tea
- Read an article about apricot kernels (laetrile)
- Read an article about enzyme therapy
- Read more about probiotics
- Read about green tea for cancer
- Developing a Healing Mind-set
- Finding Inner Peace and Replacing Negativity with Healing Statements
- Forgiveness and Freeing Yourself
- Meditation and Visualization
- The Health Benefits of Yoga
- Learning Emotional Freedom Technique
Read more testimonials for healing brain cancer
- Brain cancer with an alkaline diet – Josie Nunez
- Brain Cancer Healed with Macrobiotic Diet- Kevin Raymond
- Brain cancer; Healing with a ketogenic diet- Kelli O’Brien
- Brain Cancer, Stage 3, Healed with a Raw Vegan Diet- Megan Sherow
How to test urine and saliva with pH test strips
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- Anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy