“I consider myself just one of many who have found a way to cure cancer and I certainly was not the first one to produce an essential oil from the hemp plant. A radio broadcast told me that THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) kills cancer cells way back in the 1970s, so I do not claim that it was me who found the cure. Still, it does appear that I am the first to supply this medication to vast numbers of patients to treat their cancers and other conditions in a more effective and sensible way. Since this plant has been used in medicine for thousands of years, I really do not think that anyone can make the claim that they alone discovered its true medical values. The only thing that I can really claim is that I discovered the proper way to produce and use this substance and I developed and published a protocol to make it more simple for patients to enjoy its use. As often as I could, I provided the medicine free of charge and I openly reported my findings to anyone who would listen, expecting that sooner or later someone would do something about it.“ ~ Rick Simpson
The story of Rick Simpson
After a suffering from a serious head injury in 1997, Rick Simpson sought relief from his condition through the use of a medicinal hemp oil that he brewed himself from a high THC/ high CBD strain of cannabis. When he shared what he was doing with his friends and neighbors, Rick soon discovered that he could help them heal from their ailments and even control or reverse the various cancers that they were suffering from (this included internal tumors, as well as skin cancers). Rick soon got a reputation as a cancer healer …..that is until the Canadian and American governments charged him with possession and trafficking of an illegal substance. Since that time Rick has been forced to leave the U.S. and Canada behind for fear of being arrested, but he continued to share his information with those who wish to use the oil for its healing qualities.
Rick Simpson’s documentary Run From the Cure
The documentary, ‘Run From the Cure’ (link is below), as well as his website Phoenix Tears, both give specific information on how to brew your own hemp oil, as well as connect you to the resources that you need and help to answer any questions that you may have about the oil. Rick says this about the oil that he makes. “I usually work with a pound or more of bud from very potent high quality indica, or indica dominant sativa crosses. An ounce of good bud will usually produce 3 to 4 grams of high-grade oil and the amount of oil produced will vary from strain to strain. You are never really sure how much oil you will get until you have processed the material you are working with. On average, a pound of good bud will usually produce about 60 grams of high-grade oil and sometimes you may even get substantially more from some varieties. “
Beware of cannabis oil scammers
- New people who enter a group and proudly announce how they just cured their cancer with cannabis oil. This is done so that people get excited and ask where they got the oil or to get people to contact them with a private message. Sometimes two fake profiles are working together in the same group to promote the same seller.
- All photos in their feed were uploaded on the same day. Sometimes people manipulate the dates that they upload their photos on Facebook so they don’t look suspicious but you can see the actual date and time they uploaded by clicking on the little clock that is located between the date and the public icon above each photo. You will only see the clock icon when someone has changed the dates during the upload.
- They don’t have any feedback or likes on their nice family photos
How to make your cannabis oil with grain alcohol instead of naptha solvents
The video below shows how to make smaller amounts of cannabis oil with only one ounce of medical grade marijuana. This recipe uses a grain alcohol in place of the isopropyl alcohol or naptha solvent that Rick Simpson uses. Although it is said that the isopropyl alcohol and the Naptha solvents that Rick recommends will burn off during the heating stage, there are some who have concerns about using such harmful solvents to make the oil. The woman uses a particular brand of grain alcohol called Everclear which is 190 proof. You still must use caution at all times when heating this mixture as there is always a danger of fire. Keep in mind that using a lesser proof grain alcohol may make a weaker oil. This recipe will make approximately 2-4 grams of cannabis oil depending upon the resin content of the raw materials being used.
CBD vs THC Compounds
It was once thought that Rick’s oil could be used to treat all forms of cancer, but as you will read below, some cancers actually respond better to the various cannabinoid compounds than to others.
Researchers have discovered that the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is active in every person from before birth to death. Your body is constantly producing endocannabinoids, which are the chemical messengers that communicate with cells to initiate a cellular response. The endocannabinoid system controls immune function, pain regulation, appetite, sleep, inflammatory response and cell metabolism.
Cannabinoids are chemical plant compounds that are found in plants of the cannabis family. They work in the body in the same ways as the endocannabinoids that are produced by the body. This means that if your endocannabinoid system isn’t functioning at optimal levels, these issues may be corrected by supplementing with the cannabinoids that are found in CBD oil.
CBD can help with the following:
- United Patients Group, an advocate for the use of cannabis says this about CBD compounds. “CBD is used to help with acne, ADD, anxiety, arthritis, cancer, chronic pain, depression, diabetes, Draver syndrome, epilepsy, glaucoma, Huntington’s disease, inflammation, mood disorders, multiple sclerosis, neuropathic pain, Parkinson’s, schizophrenia, and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s. CBD has also been shown to stop the spread of cancer cells.”
- CBD provides a natural remedy for pain and inflammation. CBD oil is able to suppress inflammation and target neuropathic pain without causing analgesic tolerance.
- CDB is can assist in immune system modulation. Two areas of the immune system specifically affected by CBD oil are the inflammatory response, and modulation of neurogenesis and neurodegeneration.
- Early research has found that CBD effectively triggers apoptosis (or cancer cell death). This is an immune system response when cells recognize viruses and other gene mutations and initiate their own death in order to prevent the damage from spreading. CBD oil triggers this important bodily function to kill the cell mutations that are responsible for cancer.
Specifically for breast cancers: It has also been suggested that certain cancers (such as estrogen fueled cancers) respond better higher CBD compounds and lower in THC compounds. This information is from the website United Patients Group, “according to doctors and patients we have worked closely with, breast cancer tumors can be effectively treated with cannabis oil. However, they do caution, the ratios of the tumor-busting cannabinoids THC and CBD must be matched to the classification of breast cancer—with certain kinds of breast cancer, namely those that are estrogen-positive, the tumor will actually grow if too much THC is used. Although there are many types of breast cancer, they are usually grouped into four categories, depending on how they show up on diagnostic tests:
- Estrogen receptor positive (ER+) or progesterone receptor positive (PR+): About two in three cases of breast cancer (more in older women) have receptors for one or both of these hormones.
- HER2/neu (a.k.a. HER2 or ErbB2): HER2/neu is a protein that is over-copied by certain types of breast cancer. HER2-positive cancers spread more rapidly than other types of cancer.
- Triple negative: These breast cancers do not have estrogen or progesterone receptors and don’t show overproduction of HER2. Triple-negative breast cancers spread aggressively because they don’t respond to hormones or drugs that target HER2….
- Triple positive: These types of breast cancer are ER+ and PR+, and they have too much HER2 production..
Research has shown that PR+, HER2-positive, and triple-negative breast cancers can be effectively treated with cannabis. The protocols recommended by the doctors that we work with tend to have higher THC-to-CBD ratios, often around 4:1.
Cancers that involve estrogen may actually spread in response to large amounts of THC. Patients with ER+ or triple-positive breast cancers do better with lower ratios of THC to CBD, such as a ratio 1:1 or 1:3 (THC:CBD) is preferable, according to doctors and patients we’ve spoken with. This recommendation comes from doctor and patient experience, not from clinical evidence. Although we have been unable to find any research on this, United Patient Group is hearing from doctors, nurses, and patients that these dosages are best for treating these different types of breast cancer. Please contact their website for guidance in determining what ratio may be best for your situation at United Patients Group.
If you are starting on the 1:3 (THC:CBD ratio) and you do not see improvement within 3 months, you could try a more balanced ratio of 1:1 or 1:2 to see if that works better for your individual situation.
Finding high CBD Oils
Cannabis Oil Testimonials
Testimonial of Joanne Crowther of battling angiotropic large-cell lymphoma for 2 years which included multiple surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation. When the conventional therapies ran out she was sent home to die. She then started taking cannabis oil and within 6 weeks she was healed.
Using cannabis oil to heal skin cancer
Using cannabis oil to treat a variety of illnesses.
A recent study on the use of marijuana compounds for cancer- A pair of scientists at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco has found that a compound derived from marijuana could stop metastasis in many kinds of aggressive cancer, potentially altering the fatality of the disease forever. “What we found was that his Cannabidiol could essentially ‘turn off’ the ID-1,” Desprez told HuffPost. The cells stopped spreading and returned to normal. “It took us about 20 years of research to figure this out, but we are very excited,” said Pierre Desprez, one of the scientists behind the discovery, to The Huffington Post. “We want to get started with trials as soon as possible.” Link to article on this study.
The benefits of medical marijuana for cancer patients are clear when it comes to increased appetite, reduction of pain, wasting, vomiting and nausea, as well as depression. Although its anticarcinogenic effects are not quite as clear, ongoing research further points to the possibility that medical marijuana may actually be what many claim it is – a truly miraculous drug.
Since the possibility was first realized, many more studies have been conducted, focused on the possibility that cannabinoids have anticarcinogenic effects. A 2007 study by the Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology in Rostock, Germany focused on human cervical cancer (HeLa) cells. The cells were treated with specific cannabioids and THC. Even at low concentrations, “MA and THC led to a decrease in invasion of 61.5% and 68.1% respectively.”
Over twenty major studies in the past nine years have shown that cannabinoids (the chemicals in cannabis) actually fight cancer cells. In fact, it has been shown that cannabinoids arrest cancer growths of many different forms of cancer, including brain, melanoma and breast cancer. There is even growing evidence that cannabinoids cause direct anti-tumor activity.
Although freedom from nausea and vomiting are two of the most noticed benefits of medical marijuana use, many have reported a reduction in the severity of wasting away. As well, they have noticed a lessening in depression and other “side effects” brought on by the disease, including an increase in appetite. All of these things together have helped many cancer patients live a better, happier, more comfortable life.
Clearing the Smoke (Documentary)
Understanding medical marijuana laws– Medical cannabis, or medical marijuana, is currently illegal in most states, due to an archaic prohibition that was instituted in 1937. While all forms of marijuana are still illegal based on federal laws, a few courageous states have started implementing medical marijuana laws, but most are complex and hard to understand which can put patients at risk.
States which allow the use of some form of medical marijuana or are in the process of implementing new laws to support its use– Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington.
Use this resource to help guide you about what is allowed in your state, as well as to educate yourself and become an advocate for its use. http://norml.org/legal/medical-marijuana-2
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- An anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy