“When you feel like you’ve reached a breaking point, something beautiful happens: You begin to listen to yourself, your own truth and your own suffering — that’s where healing begins.” My breaking point was when the first Surgeon in Dubai told me my husband had cancer and that it was a very aggressive form of cancer. At that moment, I honestly thought my husband was going to die there and then! After my initial breakdown, I got quiet and listened to my inner voice speaking to me. It not only spoke to me it screamed at me, ” There has to be another way” We all owe it to ourselves to listen to our inner voice, it will kick in if you just get quiet and listen. My inner voice led me to my awakening of the truth about cancer; there are many cures and we are not being told about them but we can learn from each other. My husband did not lose his bladder, prostate and some intestines. He did not have chemo or radiation and he is fitter and looks younger than his 55 years of age and he wasn’t’ sick for a single day.” Carol Smith.
Trevor Smith heals from bladder cancer with natural therapies
It was in July if 2012 when Trevor Smith began experiencing terrible back pain. He went to a urologist and was diagnosed with urothelial carcinoma, stage T2A (meaning that the tumor had grown into the inner half of the muscle layer). He was told that his tumor was aggressive and that he would need to have chemo, radiation, as well as a radical surgery that would remove his bladder and prostate. This would also require the doctors to form a neobladder from his intestines so that he would be able to pass urine once again.
Trevor went for a second opinion and was given the very same prognosis. Yet, even if he followed all of their recommendations, his chances of surviving longer than 4 years were very slim and he would most likely be incontinent for up to a year, as well as impotent.
Trevor and his wife Carol spoke with the urologist for a second time and told him that they needed some time to digest this terrible news. They were very concerned about Trevor’s quality of life if they followed these recommendations and felt like they were being pressured into making an immediate decision. The oncologist and surgeon had both stressed the importance of having the surgery. In fact, the surgeon had already scheduled a date for the bladder removal within the next 6 weeks. Carol stated, “Something was screaming at me to take some time before making this radical decision.” When they asked what would happen if he refused the surgery and the chemotherapy they were told that Trevor would have about 18 to 24 months to live.
Carol had already started exploring different alternative therapies. She had found information about Essiac Tea, which is an herbal remedy that was made popular by a Canadian nurse named Rene Caisse (Essiac is Caisse spelled backwards). The original formula came from the native Canadian Ojibwa Indians and it consists of four main herbs that grow in the Canadian wilderness. They include: burdock Root, slippery elm bark, sheep sorrel, and Turkish rhubarb. You can read more about Essiac Tea with this link
Trevor began taking Essiac Tea within one week of being diagnosed. He also made an appointment with a naturopathic doctor to discuss what else he could do. His blood was tested to see if he was lacking in any nutrients, and it was discovered that he was very low in vitamin D (even though he lives in Dubai). They put together a plan of action that included a complete diet and lifestyle change, as well as taking a variety of supplements.
The therapies that Trevor used to heal from bladder cancer:
- He stopped smoking his usual 30 cigarettes a day
- He began a spiritual healing therapy called Journey Work by Brandon Bays
- He completely changed the way he ate. No more dairy, red meat, sugar, processed foods, white flour or white potatoes.
- He ate a mostly plant-based diet with whole grains, beans, legumes, seeds, vegetables, fruits, along with some fish and chicken for protein
- He drank freshly made juice every day
- He took 1 T of apple cider vinegar mixed into his water daily
- He drank lemon water daily
- He mixed 1/2 tsp of sodium bicarbonate into 1 c of water and drank this once a day to help his body to become more alkaline. Look for natural, like Bob’s Red Mill. This should only be taken on an empty stomach well away from mealtimes. One hour before bed or early in the morning would be a good time to do this.
- He ate healthy fats including extra virgin olive oil and unrefined coconut oil
- He began using sea salt in place of table salt
- He had daily exercise.
- He took high doses of vitamin C, D3, and K2
- He also supplemented with flax oil and zinc
- He took Vitamin b 17 (laetrile), 4000 mg for 21 days, then 1000 mg after that. You can read more about this in the links at the bottom of the page.
- He took Green Detoxing Powder to help his body to detox
- He took DHEA to build up his immune system
- He took 4Life Transfer Factor, which is a supplement that is made from grass fed cow’s colostrum, similar to mother’s first milk.
- He took Rain Soul Antioxidants and Essential Fatty Acids Supplement every day which is an immune booster and has given him lots of energy
Trevor also made an alkalizing smoothie that he drank every day. This recipe came from Jack Kungel, who also cured himself from bladder cancer using cannabis oil and diet changes and later became a mentor to Trevor.
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 12 almonds
- 2 Brazil nuts
- 4 walnut halves
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp flax seed ( grind them first then add to mixture)
- handful of spinach
- 1 Brussels sprout
- 3 sprigs of asparagus
- 2 radishes
- 1 slice fresh pineapple
- 1 1/2 inch piece of lemon peel
- 2 strawberries
- 4 blackberries
- 12 blueberries
- 3 chunks of watermelon
- 4 chunks of cantaloupe
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of liquid. This could be filtered water, coconut water, or fresh carrot juice
- Blend all of these together and enjoy.
Trevor did all of these therapies for about 6 months and reports that he was feeling very good and had lost weight while on his new diet. In January of 2013, he began seeing another urologist who was very supportive of their ideas and praised them for not having the radical surgery and chemotherapy. Trevor was given a cytoscopy at this time and it was revealed that he had a small tumor in his bladder. The doctor laid out several options for them to consider, these included: removing the entire bladder, having a biopsy of the tumor to see what it is, performing laser surgery followed by BCG Cocktail, (which is a therapy that introduces a virus directly into the bladder through a catheter with the hopes that this will stimulate the immune system into attacking any remaining cancerous cells), or they could do the “wait and see approach” to see if Trevor’s body could take care of the tumor on its own.
They decided on the laser surgery but they did not want to do the BCG Cocktail at this time. This surgery was scheduled for February 24, at which time the doctor discovered about 20 more superficial tumors. Although they were discouraged to hear this news, they were also thankful that the tumors were easily removed with the laser and that the cancer was still contained within the bladder.
In May of 2013, Trevor began taking cannabis oil. The couple had watched a documentary about using cannabis oil to cure cancer back in November of 2012, but it took until May before they were able to obtain some quality oil from a legal cannabis facility in California. The couple had to travel to the UK for three months in order to do this therapy as they could not risk being caught with the oil in Dubai. Trevor took 60 grams of cannabis oil over a 10 week period by slowly building up to 1 gram of oil per day. Trevor reports that he did not do well on the oil because the THC made him feel very lethargic and out of sorts, and he says this was one of most difficult times for him.
Following the cannabis oil, the couple were hoping to get some positive news at their next appointment. Carol says that she truly believed that Trevor was finally healed. But the urologist reported that Trevor had several new tumors located in the out-pouching of his bladder. The doctor assured them that the tumors appeared to be superficial just like before and that they could successfully be removed with another laser surgery. He also suggested that they follow this with having the six weekly rounds of the BCG Cocktail.
Trevor struggled emotionally after this setback but eventually he was able to find support from his friend and mentor Jack Kungel (mentioned above), and was able to once again focus his attention on healing. Trevor agreed to have the second laser surgery which was performed on Aug 3, 2013. Following that, Trevor agreed to have the series of six weekly BCG viral treatments that began on September 17. Following these treatments Trevor was officially declared cancer free in November of 2013 and further scans confirm that the cancer has not returned.
- His cholesterol and blood pressure returned to normal.
- He looks ten to 15 years younger and feels better than ever.
- He only missed work while taking the cannabis oil due to the THC content.
What he does now:
- He no longer takes mega-doses of vitamin C, D3, or K2 but he continues to take all of the listed supplements in lower doses with the exception of the cannabis oil.
- He has continued with his diet and lifestyle changes
- Continues to make the alkalizing smoothie and drinks it daily
- He started drinking Kangen Water which gives him alkaline water that he drinks daily.
- He continues to be monitor his health closely.
The couple would like to stress that Cannabis oil is not the magic bullet that everyone makes it out to be and that so much more is needed in order to heal the body from cancer. Too much hope is put in the oil alone, but the people who have had the most success with this oil have also changed their diet and lifestyle as well. Carol recommends the book Marijuana Gateway to Health: How Cannabis Protects Us from Cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease for anyone who wants to learn more about using this therapy.
Carol says that, “I never stopped researching for one single day out of the past 38 months, but today I can say that he is cancer free and he still has his bladder intact. We lost over 2 years of our lives to cancer, and yet it has turned out to be the most important time of our lives too. I found out what I was put on the earth to do, and that is to be part of something life changing. The world is waking up to the fact that there is another way to heal cancer, and it’s through natural healing and giving our body what it needs to repair itself!! Taking Control of your own body means you too can heal yourself. First and foremost with proper diet and nutrition, vitamin therapy, by making a complete lifestyle change, and taking natural God-given plant extracts.”
She adds. “It has been hard for the past 3 years, but we are slowly getting our lives back to normal. He will never go back to eating or treating his body the way he did before cancer. This was a wake up call for him to change, but it is also a success story which I will continue to tell the world about.”
Carol wrote a book about Trevor’s journey though cancer, titled Taking Control: My Journey of Alternative Healing, which was written under the pen-name Alyssia Sade. Carol reports that Trevor’s original urologist in Dubai read the book and then completely changed his diet and lifestyle. He lost more than 20 pounds and credits this information with changing his life as well.
Carol continues to research and share alternative health related information on her Facebook page and continues to work tirelessly with the goal of helping others to find their way. Follow Alyssia Sade (Carol and Trevor’s Page) on Facebook
Trevor’s medical notes have also been saved and can be viewed with this link.