Carl O. Helvie heals from lung cancer with diet, supplements, and lifestyle changes
It was over 38 years ago when Carl O. Helvie received his diagnosis of lung cancer and was given only 6 months to live. Doctors immediately wanted to schedule him for surgery to remove the cancerous tumor, but since Carl already worked in the health care industry, he decided to take the time and explore the various holistic therapies that were available to him.
Carl was able to find a sympathetic doctor who was willing to offer him guidance and together they came up with some very effective non-toxic therapies in order to treat the cancer which are listed below in detail. Carl is the longest living lung cancer survivor, and he did it all by following his intuition and trusting in holistic medicine. Over 80, Carl remains free of chronic illness and says that he does not take any prescription medications, while the average person over age 75 has been diagnosed with at least three chronic illnesses and is taking five prescription medications.
Carl has over 60 years of experience as a registered nurse practitioner and hold two masters degrees and 1 doctorate in public health and wellness. He is the host of the Holistic Health Radio Show, where he reaches a larger audience with important holistic health information, and he is the author of numerous articles and books including Healthy Holistic Aging; A Blueprint for Success, You Can Beat Lung Cancer: Using Alternative/Integrative Interventions, in which shares his experience with using alternative therapies to heal from lung cancer, and more recently Reducing Your Cancer Risk (A Holistic Approach) which was released in 2017.
The natural therapies that Carl used:
- He ate a diet made up of 75% raw fruit and vegetables, complex grains, and various nuts and seeds (but no peanuts)
- He eliminated all meat and dairy from his diet
- He eliminated all sugars and all simple carbohydrates such as white rice, potatoes, breads, and refined grains.
- He did a regular fruit and vegetable juice fast for one day each month. You can read more about juicing here.
- He ate 25 Bitter Apricot Kernels every day
- He took 2000 mg of Vitamin B17 Tablets, taken in divided doses during the day, 1/2 hour before mealtime. You can read more about B17 and apricot kernels here.
- Vitamin A, at a therapeutic dosage.
- Natural Vitamin E
- Vitamin B Complex
- Mineral Supplement
- Zinc Capsules
- Vitamin C
- Pancreatic enzymes were taken between meals. You can read more about systemic enzyme therapy with this post.
- Amino Acid Complex
- He maintained a chemical free environment
- He exercised daily
- Used positive thinking and positive affirmations
- Had daily meditation
- Daily prayer
Carl was a featured speaker at the Cancer Control Society’s 2013 conference.
(((AUDIO))) Listen to an interview as Carl shares details of his diagnosis as well as all of the alternative therapies he used to cure his lung cancer naturally.
Reviews of Carl O Helvie’s book: