Carl O. Helvie heals from lung cancer with diet, supplements, and lifestyle changes
It was over 38 years ago when Carl O. Helvie received his diagnosis of lung cancer and was given only 6 months to live. Doctors immediately wanted to schedule him for surgery to remove the cancerous tumor, but since Carl already worked in the health care industry, he decided to take the time and explore the various holistic therapies that were available to him.
Carl took some time to research and was able to find a sympathetic doctor who was willing to offer him guidance and together they came up with some very effective non-toxic therapies in order to treat the cancer.
Today Carl can boast that he is the longest living lung cancer survivor, and he did it all by following his intuition and trusting in holistic medicine. At age 80, he remains free of chronic illness and says that he does not take any prescription medications, while the average for someone over age 75 is to be diagnosed with three chronic illnesses and to be taking five prescription medications.
Carl has over 60 years of experience as a registered nurse practitioner and hold two masters degrees and 1 doctorate in public health and wellness. He is also the host of the Holistic Health Radio Show, where he reaches a larger audience with important holistic health information. He is also the author of numerous articles and books including Healthy Holistic Aging; A Blueprint for Success, and his more recent book You Can Beat Lung Cancer: Using Alternative/Integrative Interventions, in which shares his experience with using alternative therapies to heal from lung cancer.
Carl was a featured speaker at the Cancer Control Society’s 2013 conference.
(((AUDIO))) Listen to an interview as Carl shares details of his diagnosis as well as all of the alternative therapies he used to cure his lung cancer naturally.
The natural therapies that Carl used:
- Carl ate Bitter Apricot Kernels. He says he ate 25 apricot kernels daily
- Supplemented with Vitamin B17 Tablets- Carl took 2000 mg daily in divided doses
- Vitamin A that was taken at a therapeutic dosage.
- Natural Vitamin E
- Vitamin B Complex
- Mineral Supplement
- Zinc Capsules
- Vitamin C
- Pancreatic enzymes were taken between meals
- Amino Acid Complex
- He ate a diet made up of 75% raw fruit and vegetables, complex grains, and various nuts and seeds (but no peanuts)
- no meat
- no dairy
- no sugars or simple carbohydrates of any kind
- he did a regular fruit and vegetable juice fast for one day each month
- maintained a chemical free environment
- exercised daily
- used positive thinking and positive affirmations
- meditated regularly
- daily prayer
Reviews for his book: