Drew Woodland heals from stage 4 neuroblastoma with diet and supplements
On December 10th, 1992, my son Drew was diagnosed with a stage 4 Neuroblastoma. He was only 18 months old at the time and the cancer was quickly spreading throughout his small body. He had a grapefruit-sized tumor with finger-like tentacles that were attached to his kidneys, liver, pancreas and spine, as well as throughout his mesenteric artery system and in his bone marrow.
Drew was immediately started on the grueling treatments of intensive chemotherapy and radiation, and then had to experience multiple unsuccessful surgeries in an attempt to remove the mass. After a year and a half of witnessing my son go through these torturous treatments we were given the devastating news that the hospital was releasing Drew. There was nothing more that they could do for him.
We begged God to help us find a way to heal Drew, and our prayers were answered within his final days. Late one evening a woman I knew from church appeared at my doorstep holding a book titled ‘Prescription for Nutritional Healing: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements.’ The book detailed how to build up the immune system in order to heal from various illnesses, including cancer.
I flipped open the book and it came right to the section on cancer and I knew then that we had found the answer to our prayers. I read the book and learned that by feeding Drew a diet of whole organic foods, lots of organic juices, and natural supplements we could turbo-boost his immune system so that HIS body could begin to fight the cancer.
It was a struggle, but we did manage to convince the oncologist to place a feeding tube into Drew’s abdomen so that we could begin to feed him the fresh organic juices that were mixed with the ground-up supplements. By doing it this way, we could bypass the ‘battle’ of trying to get a 3 year old to eat the large volume of organic juices and supplements that were needed in order to re-build his immune system.
We juiced organic carrots and apples throughout the day and we used a coffee grinder to grind up the various supplements that he would be taking. We then dissolved the powdered supplements into the juice and we pumped this mixture into his feeding tube. This procedure was done multiple times throughout the day so we were continually making more juices and dissolving the supplements and pumping this mixture into the tube. He also drank the same freshly-made carrot and apple juice throughout the day in his bottle. The cost relating to the organic foods and supplements was approximately $400 a month, thankfully we had many people who donated money to help with the added expenses.
Drew’s juicing and supplement protocol (brand names and dosages are listed):
- 30-50 ounces of fresh organic carrot and apple juice every day. You can read more about how juicing benefits cancer patients with this link
- Beta-Carotene 10000 IU, (30 capsules daily for the first 12 days, then 10 capsules per day after that.)
- Shaklee Multi-Vitamin Without Iron, 3 capsules daily
- Vitamin C: 500mg sustained-release tablets, nine tablets daily
- B-complex: (complete B), six capsules daily
- Vitamin E: 400 I.U. with added selenium, six capsules daily. Look for natural vitamin E, not the synthetic stuff!
- Zinc: 15 mg, three tablets daily
- Calcium & Magnesium Complex: six capsules daily
- Kyolic Garlic: 500 mg is equivalent to eating one clove of garlic, he took six tablets daily
- Alfalfa Capsules, he took fifteen tablets daily
- Shaklee® Herb-Lax, 2 capsules before bedtime
- Kyolic Kyo-Dophilus Probiotic Supplement: this contains a trio of friendly bacteria, one capsule per day
- Kyolic Kyo-Green: mixed in juice or water, two teaspoons, taken twice per day
- Fiber Mix: 1 tsp taken three times per day.
- The supplements were ground up and mixed into Drew’s juice and administered into his feeding tube.
Drew’s body starts to heal
Upon starting this new diet Drew began to have several very large bowel movements throughout the day that smelled very strong. We knew that his system was finally beginning to clean out all of the toxic food and treatments that he had experienced throughout his short life. Three months later when we returned to the hospital for a check-up, the doctors were amazed to see that he was gaining weight and that his hair was beginning to grow back. Even more surprising for them was that his blood tests confirmed that his cancerous cells were decreasing. Six months later there were no cancerous cells detectable in his blood or urine and his doctors proclaimed that the tumor appeared to be dormant. Drew’s body had healed itself within 6 months of starting his intensive nutrition treatments!! His doctors were astounded. His healthy cells had attacked the tumor and destroyed its finger-like cancerous tentacles and forced the tumorous mass to encase itself in a protein barrier, forever imprisoned and dying.
When I first read the book on natural healing, my heart and mind had total belief that we could heal Drew because it made so much sense to me to build up his immune system instead of trying to destroy it. The energy in our household immediately changed from being that of despair and preparing for the death of my child to that of love, life, and inspiration.
Today, I have a much deeper understanding of the power of our thoughts and the power of our feelings, and I am even more convinced that what healed Drew was the positive thoughts and a strong belief in what we were doing coupled with the power of using whole organic foods and natural supplements.
Drew is a young man now, he recently turned 21. He is an astounding artist, a keen photographer and a budding filmmaker. Anyone who has had the pleasure of knowing Drew knows that their life has been impacted in a very special and positive way.
This testimonial was shared with permission by Leanne Woodland on 5/29/2013
More Testimonials of healing with fresh juice
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- Anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy