Carl O. Helvie heals from lung cancer with diet, supplements, and lifestyle changes
It was over 38 years ago when Carl O. Helvie received his diagnosis of lung cancer and was given only 6 months to live. Doctors immediately wanted to schedule him for surgery to remove the cancerous tumor, but since Carl already worked in the health care industry, he decided to take his time and explore the various holistic options that were available to him.
Carl was able to find a naturopathic doctor who was willing to offer him guidance and together they came up with some very effective non-toxic therapies in order to treat the cancer, you will find them listed below. Carl was able to heal from the cancer and can now claim that he is the longest living lung cancer survivor, and he did it all by following his intuition and trusting in holistic medicine.
Over age 80, Carl is in good health and says that he does not take prescription medications, while the average person over age 75 has been diagnosed with at least three chronic illnesses and is taking more than five prescription medications.
The natural therapies that Carl used:
- He ate a diet made up of 75% raw fruit and vegetables, along with some complex grains and various nuts and seeds (but no peanuts)
- He eliminated all meat and dairy from his diet
- He eliminated all sugars and all simple carbohydrates such as white rice, potatoes, breads, and other refined grains.
- He did a regular fruit and vegetable juice fast for one day each month. Juicing is an excellent way to supply the body with nutrients and can also be helpful in detoxing the body as well. Read more about juicing.
- He ate 25 bitter apricot kernels every day. They can be purchased from online vendors
- He took 2,000 mg of Vitamin B17 Tablets, taken in divided doses during the day, 1/2 hour before mealtimes. You can read more about B17 and apricot kernels here.
- He supplemented with zinc which is a required supplement for those taking laetrile as it helps to transport the laetrile into the cells.
- Pancreatic enzymes were taken between meals to help to soften the protein layer that surrounds cancerous tumors and hides them from the immune system. They are also recommended for those using laetrile as part of their protocol. You can read more about systemic enzyme therapy with this post.
- Vitamin A, was taken at a therapeutic dosage.
- Natural Vitamin E
- Vitamin B Complex
- Mineral Supplement
- He supplemented with Vitamin C
- Amino Acid Complex
- He maintained a chemical free environment
- He exercised daily
- Used positive thinking and positive affirmations
- Set aside time for daily meditation and prayer
Carl was a featured speaker at the Cancer Control Society’s 2013 conference.
(((AUDIO))) Listen to an interview as Carl shares details of his diagnosis as well as all of the alternative therapies he used to cure his lung cancer naturally.
Carl wrote two books detailing his experience with cancer:
Carl has over 60 years of experience as a registered nurse practitioner and hold two masters degrees and one doctorate in public health and wellness. He is the host of the Holistic Health Radio Show, where he reaches a larger audience with important holistic health information, and he is the author of numerous articles and books including Healthy Holistic Aging; A Blueprint for Success, You Can Beat Lung Cancer: Using Alternative/Integrative Interventions, in which shares his experience with using alternative therapies to heal from lung cancer, and more recently Reducing Your Cancer Risk (A Holistic Approach), which was released in 2017.