“I knew the gravity of the disease and the ugliness of the treatment. Cancer in our family has always led to mortality (my mother, my aunts, my uncles, my first cousins, my grandmother, grandfather and great grandmother) all suffering through chemotherapy, radiation and extensive surgeries. 10 out of my 12 family members died of cancer. That was not going to be me… so began my journey of discovery.” Suzy Griswold
Suzy Griswold heals from thyroid cancer that had metastasized to her lymph nodes with a plant based diet and detoxing protocols
Suzy was on her way to have surgery for a completely different health issue when she found out that she had thyroid cancer. She says, “At that time, I trusted my medical care to multiple doctors and subsequently took many prescription drugs for various health issues that included insomnia, neck tremors, thyroid disease, fibroid tumors.” She adds that “Cancer in the thyroid gland was supposed to be a piece of cake. I was told many times by my healthcare providers that if you are going to get cancer, thyroid cancer is the one cancer to get. But after going through surgery and radiation, my next PET scan revealed that 3 of my lymph glands were still cancerous. Discussions like: “radical neck dissection, plucking the lymph nodes “one by one,” combination chemotherapy, and more radiation were all possibilities in my future… and the doctors seemed to be o.k. with that.” She went for a second opinion at a renowned cancer center in Houston, but they only confirmed that her cancer was still very active and that further treatments were needed.
One day a friend sent Suzy a copy of the book Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer–And How to Prevent Getting It in the First Place by Suzanne Somers, which she says opened her eyes to using alternative methods for healing cancer. The more she read, the more she was convinced that cancer is not what it seems to be, and that our bodies have the ability to heal themselves.
The natural therapies that Suzy used to heal from thyroid cancer:
- She says that she made the decision to radically change to a plant-based, vegan diet.
- She included lots of fresh juices made with carrots, green apples, along with a variety of greens such as kale and spinach and would drink a glass of this juice 8-10 times per day, everyday. Read an article about juicing
- She also used various detoxing protocols. Read an article about detoxing
- She listened to scriptures of healing messages.
She offers this message to those battling the disease. “My hope is that you will take your time. Remember, our cancer didn’t just show up, it took years. Take the time you need to learn more and make an informed decision. Read the books, watch the DVD’s and research for yourself. Your journey to healing can be the best days of your life ahead.”
Suzy has found her passion in helping others by founding an organization called Healing Strong. This is a community-based grassroots movement that is working in various communities throughout the US to bring more attention to the use of non-toxic therapies for treating cancer and bringing hope to patients who are suffering with the disease who are for an alternate way forward. She says that she is motivated by her faith and continues to be inspired by the work of the late Dr. Max Gerson. She says that she is healthier today than she has been in many years and that scans confirm that she remains cancer-free.
Suzy’s recommends the following titles:
- Cancer: Step Outside the Box
- Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases
- The Acid-Alkaline Food Guide – Second Edition: A Quick Reference to Foods & Their Efffect on pH Levels
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead: How Fruits and Vegetables Changed My Life
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- Anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy