The combination of liposomal vitamin C and MSM is said to be very helpful for those dealing with cachexia (which is a severe cancer-related weight loss), as well as being a protocol for those with cancer.
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an organic sulfur-containing compound that can improve immune system function and lower inflammation. It can also be helpful in neutralizing the lactic acid buildup that surrounds cancerous tumors and plays a positive role in the permeability of cellular membranes. This permeability allows for the transfer of oxygen and nutrients into the cells and the release of cellular waste products out of the cell, and this is essential as cellular toxicity is the root cause of cancer.
Vitamin C is responsible for wound healing and immune system function. In addition, when vitamin C is taken in high enough doses it is selectively toxic to cancerous cells. Liposomal C is vitamin C that has been encapsulated within a lipid (fat) and this allows the product to easily cross through the lipid-based cellular membrane and fuel the weakened cells of the body. Liposomal C has about a 90% absorption rate compared to powdered vitamin C products that are lost in the digestive tract. Read more about Vitamin C.
The MSM and Liposomal Vitamin C Protocol
- The best way to ingest MSM is by making MSM water. This is done by mixing 1 gallon of purified (non-chlorinated/fluoridated) or distilled water with 16 tablespoons of Pure Organic Sulfur Crystals into a glass container. Shake this mixture well and allow the MSM granules to fully dissolve for about one hour and then store this mixture in your refrigerator. Mixture must be stored in a glass container!
- It is important to do a self test with 1 tsp of sulfur water to test for any allergies to the sulfur (this can include nausea or a rash) before starting any kind of protocol with MSM. If you have an allergic reaction you cannot do this protocol.
- After a successful self-test you can slowly begin the protocol
- The recommended starting dosage is 4 tablespoons of the water followed a half hour later by 2,000 mg of Liposomal Vitamin C.
- The water/vitamin C dosage is taken two times per day at the beginning, and then one can slowly start building up to higher dosages.
- The eventual protocol would be 12 tablespoons of MSM water followed 1/2 hour later by 2,000 mg of vitamin C. This can be done up to 5 times per day by those doing the full protocol.
To be included with the MSM/Liposomal Vitamin C Protocol
- It is important that you stay hydrated by drinking ½ of your body weight in ounces of purified water per day. (purified because the chlorine will neutralize the effectiveness of the MSM.) You can find various styles of water purifiers online.
- You will then add 1/2 tsp of Real Salt per gallon of drinking water as this salt contains minerals that are needed by the body. It is different from table salt.
- Additionally you should add 5 drops of Lugol’s Iodine Solution to each gallon of water. Iodine is an essential nutrient that has many benefits for the body and is discussed in this post.
- Get out in the sun during the day for 30 minutes without sunscreen, whenever possible.
- This protocol combines well with detoxing baths (posted below), saunas, and coffee enemas in order to assist the liver in clearing away toxins (follow the detoxing links that are posted below for more information on these).
Precautions for MSM:
- Do not do this protocol if you are allergic to sulfur products. Allergies to sulfur can include nausea or a rash. If you have any of these symptoms after doing the self-test, you cannot do this protocol.
- Do not do this protocol when taking aspirin or any other type of blood thinners
- Do not drink chlorinated tap water at all when doing this protocol
- Do not take within 3 hours of the Budwig Protocol/ or Bill Henderson Budwig Protocol if you are combining protocols
- Only use pure organic sulfur crystals with this protocol
Detoxing bath- if you have ever had chemotherapy, radiation therapy, x-rays, mammograms, or CT scans, or you just want to give your body a good detox you may benefit from taking a long soak in very warm tub with 1 cup of Unscented Epson Salt, 1/2 cup of baking soda, and 1/2 cup of sea salt. When magnesium sulfate is absorbed through the skin, (such as it would in a long soak) it has the ability to draw various toxins and acids from the body. It also relaxes the nervous system and muscles and reduces swelling. Soak for 30 minutes and then rinse off with a quick shower.
Find these products online
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- An anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy