Inflammation is a critical component of tumor progression. Many cancers arise from sites of infection, chronic irritation and inflammation. It is clear that the tumor micro-environment, which is largely orchestrated by inflammatory cells, is an indispensable participant in the neoplastic process.
Inflammation has long been associated with the development of cancer, and it comes in many forms.
- From sugars that promote the growth and spread of cancer.
- Eliminate processed foods which contain additives and preservatives as they are not part of an anticancer diet program.
- Toxic fats – which restrict the transfer of oxygen and nutrients into the cells and waste products out of the cell, not allowing the cell to breathe and remove waste as it should.
- Toxicity- your lifelong exposure to toxins that are stored in the body
- Stress / toxic mindset- have the ability to shut down the immune system
- Nutritional deficiencies – unless you are taking some quality food-based supplements your body may be deficient in essential nutrients
- A lack of exercise – it is movement that allows the lymphatic system to clear the body of waste and toxins
- Viruses/fungus/parasites – can overwhelm the immune system.
The following can help to soothe inflammation within the body:
- An elimination diet can help recognize any sensitivities to certain foods that are causing inflammation, some of these include: dairy, red meats, grains, beans, legumes, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants.
- Use only stable fats that do not go rancid when exposed to oxygen and heat, these include unrefined coconut oil, organic butter and ghee for cooking purposes and olive and avocado oils for cold uses such as making salad dressing and as finishing oils at the end of cooking.
- Include omega 3 fats from food sources such as wild caught salmon, mackerel, sardines and anchovies, chia seeds, hemp seeds, freshly ground flax seeds, and raw walnuts.
- Supplement with BCM-95 Curcumin. 2 – 4,000 mg per day would be the recommended dosage for those with chronic inflammation. Read more about curcumin/turmeric
- Take high doses of proteolytic enzymes. These are taken on an empty stomach several times throughout the day. At high doses, these enzymes have the ability to help with inflammation and dissolve away scar tissues. High dose enzyme therapy also has the ability to dissolve the fibrin (protein) coating that surrounds cancerous tumors, thus allowing the immune system to recognize and attack cancer. Read more about systemic enzyme therapy
- Aloe Vera Juice can be used to soothe and heal a damaged gut lining which can lead to systemic inflammation. Read more about that with this post.
- Ginger root, freshly grated and added to your food, or taken as a supplement can help to soothe inflammation of the body as well as aid in the digestive process.
- Intermittent fasting can decrease inflammation and puts the body into repair mode (through tissue healing and regeneration) instead of spending most of its energy on digesting food. This can be done nightly by not eating past 6 at night and before 6 in the morning, or by setting aside 1 day per week to fast, or one weekend per month to fast. Some people prefer to do an all water or an all fresh juice type of fast. You can read more about juicing with this post.
- Including daily exercise to work the lymphatic system. Your immune system consists of 20 trillion cells that work as your police force and garbage collectors. It is responsible for killing the bad guys that are not participating in the natural processes of your body, these include cancer cells, yeasts, bacteria, viruses, and dead cells. “Kill the bad guys and take out the trash.” That is what your immune system is supposed to do. But if you have cancer, something is wrong with your immune system: usually either stress, toxic burden, or malnutrition. One way to address toxic burden is to get the lymphatic system moving efficiently. Read more about the lymphatic system.
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- Anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy
The Anti-cancer Revolution webinar is available from June 17-23rd. This is a free online event that features some of the world’s top natural healing experts, integrative doctors and naturopathic oncologists who will share information on natural ways to heal from cancer. This webinar series will include information on nutrition, essential oils, supplements, homeopathy, cellular detox, fasting, ozone therapy, botanical chemo, hyperbarics, epigenetics and much more!