Suggestions for Natural Pain Relief
This post details a few natural remedies that may be helpful in the reduction of pain that are listed in alphabetical order.
Acupuncture– uses very thin needles that are inserted at specific points can help to dramatically reduce or alleviate pain. Link to more information
Alkaline agents: Naturopathic doctor Bernardo Majalca mentions using 1 tsp of baking soda in a 4 ounce glass of water for his patients to help eliminate the lactic acid buildup that occurs around cancerous tumors and creates pain. He said that drinking this mixture will cause an alkaline tide (which is a natural release of sodium bicarbonate within the body) that will neutralize the lactic acid build up around the cancer and work to relieve cancer related pain.
Even though lemons are acidic they will also create an alkaline reaction in the body following digestion. The recipe is 2 cups of filtered water combined with 1/2 tsp of baking soda, the juice of one lemon, and Stevia which is a natural sweetener that does not raise blood sugar. This mixture may bubble up a bit so mix it together slowly.
- Temporary relief from cancer related pain will only be achieved in those who have an acidic imbalance. If you experience an increase in your cancer related pain with sodium bicarbonate then you should not do this therapy and please read this post.
- Limit sodium bicarbonate to 1 tsp per day and always take on an empty stomach so you do not impede digestion. One hour before bedtime is a good time to do this.
- Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta-9 THC) – It is the main psychoactive component of cannabis with mild to moderate painkilling effects. It also helps treat nausea associate with conventional treatments and to stimulate appetite, and it induces feelings of euphoria.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) – It is a major, non-psychoactive component of cannabis that helps shrink inflammation and reduce pain without inducing the euphoria effects of THC. It has been used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel diseases, psychotic disorders and epilepsy. Larger amounts of CBD can relax the mind and body without causing negative side effects associated with THC.
- Read more about cannabis and CBD oil here
Capsaicin– works by blocking a chemical in your body called substance P, which carries pain messages to your brain. Without substance P, the pain signals can no longer be transmitted allowing you to feel relief. Capsaicin has a temporary effect on substance P and repeated application is needed in order to maintain pain relief. Capsaicin is a common ingredient that is found in certain brands of topical pain relief creams because of its pain relieving capabilities. One way to take capsaicin internally is with the homeopathic remedy Sinus Buster which is a nasal spray that contains capsaicin. When you inhale sinus buster via the nasal passage, the product enters the blood stream through the mucus membranes and acts as a natural pain killer. This product was originally designed to help improve nasal congestion and quickly relieve sinus symptoms and pain. The spray contains capsaicin that is derived from cayenne peppers, as well as eucalyptol, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), rosemary extract (antimicrobial and antifungal) as well as other natural ingredients and is available online and at pharmacy stores. The pain-relieving action may be due to the capsaicin traveling through the bloodstream to other places in the body where it can exert its well-known medicinal effects. This can also be taken as a supplement
Cat’s claw: aka uncaria tomentosa, grows naturally in South America. It contains an anti-inflammatory agent that blocks the production of the hormone prostaglandin, which is a contributer to inflammation and pain. Suggested doses are 500 to 1,000 mg capsules taken one to three times per day. Cat’s Claw.
Chiropractic care– is the use of hands-on spinal manipulation and other alternative treatments, the theory being that proper alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure, particularly the spine, will help to enable the body to heal itself without surgery or medication.
Coffee enemas – are also said to help with cancer pain, often allowing individuals to come off of pain medications. During World War I, nurses discovered that enemas effectively relieved soldiers’ pain when drugs like morphine were in short supply. About a decade later researchers out of Germany made the discovery that coffee worked even better than just plain water at offering these analgesic benefits. Coffee enemas can be particularly helpful when the person is undergoing other dietary cleanses and detoxes that can cause “die-off” and other symptoms related to accumulated toxins. Read more about coffee enemas
Curcumin– contains more than two dozen anti-inflammatory compounds, including six different COX-2-inhibitors (the COX-2 enzyme promotes pain, swelling and inflammation; inhibitors selectively block that enzyme). Curcumin is most often cited for its healthful benefits as a multifaceted anti-inflammatory agent. Studies of the efficacy of curcumin have demonstrated positive changes in the reduction of painful symptoms. Look for Bio-available BCM Curcumin which allows for higher absorption rates (up to 96%) into the bloodstream. Read more about the benefits and dosage information for curcumin/turmeric
Dietary therapies- Eliminate Sugar and refined carbs- Eating sugar, simple carbohydrates, or anything that the body can easily convert into glucose, will cause an increase in cancer pain due to the high production of lactic acid which is a by-product of cancer cell metabolism. Eliminate all sugars and the simple carbohydrates from the diet that will directly feed the cancer such as found in all processed foods, refined flour, bread, pasta, corn, white rice, white potatoes and begin to eat a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, with a limited amount of complex carbohydrates.
DMSO – is a natural compound created as a byproduct of the lumber industry, who then supplies it to the pharmaceutical industry for use in veterinary care and human use. In its crude form, DMSO is often used by veterinarians and athletic coaches in the treatment of muscle sprains and various other injuries. It promotes healing by increasing the blood supply to the area of the injury and reducing swelling and pain. Please read all contraindications below for DMSO.
- DMSO and vitamin C protocol for cancer and cancer related pain– Stacy Kneeshaw Jett shares: In the book Politics in Healing: The Suppression and Manipulation of American Medicine, Daniel Haley wrote about a young boy with terminal cancer. His mother was told by many doctors that, ‘there’s nothing we can do, take your son home and just make him comfortable,’ but she would not give up on him. She took her son to an herbalist who told her to give her son 7 drops of DMSO – (Dimethyl sulfoxide) mixed in 1/2 cup of Distilled water and 1/2 tsp of Sodium Ascorbate (which is a buffered form of vitamin C), and to drink this mixture 2 times a day. She did this and her son got better and survived the cancer.
I decided to research DMSO further. It is a solvent that is extracted from the bark of a tree and is used as a carrier to deliver various compounds into our cells. If you put it on your skin- it will take everything that is on your skin into your system. I called the author of the book, Mr. Haley, and spoke with him about this and decided to use the DMSO & Vitamin C method as one of my Cancer Healing Protocols and I do feel this provided great benefit to me. The two things I noticed was a complete relief of pain from a non-cancer related sciatica that I had for 13 years- it just went away in a few days and has never come back. I also benefited from a feeling of well-being. Nothing that created a drugged type of feeling, but rather a very subtle feeling that all was right with the world. This is very helpful when you are dealing with cancer as nothing seems to feel right with the world if you are experiencing pain or anxiety. DMSO helped with both of these. I used a DMSO solution that was 99.9% Pure, Pharmaceutical grade. DMSO is used as a prescription medication for bladder inflammation. The FDA-approved use of DMSO is for interstitial cystitis in people. It is also approved for other uses in other countries, so if the conventional doctors tell you “That stuff will kill you” as I was told by my doctor, it doesn’t make sense. DMSO is also approved as an anti-inflammatory treatment for horses with muscle strains, broken bones and inflammation. The horse racing industry is also a big industry, and if the horses can’t run, there go the profits. So I always follow the money for an explanation and for my answers as to why my doctor wouldn’t tell me about thi$. I started with the 7 drops of DMSO mixed in a 1/2 cup of distilled water and 1/2 tsp of Whole Food Vitamin C Powder so as not to create any toxicity (except to the cancer cells). I am always leery to use manufactured supplements/vitamins as these can be synthetic or the wrong type, and more often than not they do not include the natural bio-flavanoids that you will find in nature. The dose that I read about was for a young boy, so after a few days of using this mixture 2 times a day and not dying, I decided to increase the dosage. I started by adding a few more drops of the DMSO into the water. Eventually, I was adding 1/2 cap-full of the DMSO for each dosage and I used anywhere from 1/2 tsp to 1 tablespoon of the vitamin C. The only negative side effect was a sweet garlic smell, so because of this, I took the mixture right before bed and also tried to use the 2nd dose when I didn’t think I would have to be socializing. But honestly, I knew this smell would be temporary and I wanted to get rid of my cancer- so smelling a little like garlic for a little while was okay. After 3 months of using the DMSO mixture (as well as my green/juicing/ organic/nutritional protocol), I went in for testing to see what my cancer status was. The last time that I saw my doctor he had just pointed out that the cancer “had metastasized to the lower ilium and that I must schedule immediate surgery!” The new scans came up completely clean. I have yet to go back to any doctor for any reason since.
- Read Stacy’s complete testimonial of healing from stage 3 malignant melanoma with natural therapies.
- Topical use of DMSO for pain: Stacy also writes that she used DMSO for topical pain relief by topically applying a combination of 70% fresh aloe vera gel (obtained from her plants) along with 30% DMSO which was then dabbed (not rubbed) onto the area. DMSO will irritate the skin if used full strength so this product must be cut with something pure such as aloe or distilled water to prevent this.
- How to make a DMSO/clove mixture: 2/3 cup of DMSO mixed with 1/3 cup of distilled water. Add 30 crushed cloves and allow to sit in a mason jar for one week. Strain out the cloves and you can use this mixture as a topical pain relief liquid that can be applied to areas of concern.
- Read more about DMSO and its contraindications
Emotional Freedom Technique– is an exercise that is based upon the ancient Chinese practice’s of acupuncture and acupressure. This technique uses the same energy meridians that run along the head and chest and is a useful tool to help treat many physical and emotional ailments such as overcoming traumatic events, chemical or physical addictions, to lessen anxieties, as well as to alleviate any physical pain that you may be experiencing. What makes this such an exceptional therapy is that it is done without the use of invasive needles or the detrimental effects of prescription medications, but instead involves a simple tapping technique that is performed with the fingertips while you think about your specific needs and make positive verbal statements. The combination of tapping along the meridian lines and verbalizing your positive intentions works to clear blockages from your body’s bio-energy system, therefore restoring your mental and physical balance. Learn more about this therapy
Essential oil -“The Morphine Bomb” – is made with 5 drops of Frankincense + 5 drops of Copaiba + 5 drops of Balsam. The essential oils are put into Capsules and taken orally, as needed for pain. Read more about essential oils
Essiac Tea- is an herbal cancer remedy that was used during the 1920’s through 1940’s, up until it was squashed by the Canadian government. Essiac Tea Herbs are said to have healed thousands of people of cancer and had many doctors that supported its use as well. One of the most important “side-effects” was how quickly it worked at diminishing cancer-related pain. Read more about the history of Essiac.
Frankincense/ boswellia extract– originates from India, Africa, and the Mediterranean. It is a remarkable plant with many anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is the root cause of chronic pain, and frankincense has shown great success at reducing inflammatory conditions such as Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ulcerative colitis, and other painful conditions. Many studies have shown that it is as effective as taking NSAID’s, which are the most commonly prescribed drugs for issues related to inflammation and chronic pain. You can find Boswellia Extract Capsules online or in health food stores or as an essential oil. Read more about using essential oils
Massage therapy– increases serotonin, which reduces pain naturally, increases relaxation and deep sleep, increases range of motion, lowers anxiety and improves mood
MSM (organic sulfur crystals) combined with liposomal vitamin C– these two supplements when taken together can neutralize lactic acid buildup very quickly, and and because of this, it can also be used to relieve cancer-related pain.
- The best way to ingest MSM is to make “MSM water.” According to CancerTutor.com, this involves mixing a half gallon of purified (non-chlorinated) water with 5 tablespoons of Organic Sulfur Crystals in a glass jug. Shake this mixture well and allow 30 minutes for the MSM granules to dissolve and then store the mixture in your refrigerator. The recommended dose is 4-6 tablespoons of MSM Water followed by 2,000-4000 mg of Liposomal Vitamin C. This is taken twice per day, once in the morning and again in the evening hours.
- Start with a lower dosage and then build yourself up to the recommended dosage.
- It is important to drink plenty of purified water by drinking at least ½ of your body weight in ounces daily.
- You must ensure that you are drinking only chlorine free water as any chlorine will neutralize the effectiveness of the MSM.
- Avoid taking any kind of organic sulfur if you are on blood thinners or taking aspirin.
- This protocol combines well with detoxing therapies such as saunas and coffee enemas.
Pau D Arco– In one clinical study, South American researchers orally administered Pau d’Arco to patients suffering from various forms of cancer, including adenocarcinoma of the liver, breast and prostate, and squamous carcinoma of the palate, uterine and cervix. The substance resulted in temporary reduction of all conditions along with a significant reduction in pain. Duration of treatment was anywhere from 30 to 720 days, with an average of about two months. One patient with liver cancer presented with a significant reduction in jaundice accompanied by other signs of improvement after only eight days on the therapy. These results were in similar accord with results obtained in animal studies. Read more about Pau D’ Arco
Tiger Balm Ointment– can be topically applied to areas of pain. It will increase circulation and is said to offer significant relief to those who use it. I received this testimonial regarding the use of Tiger Balm for cancer related pain management. Janet has been assisting her friend with alternatives for cancer and for the management of her pain due to multiple nodules on her lungs. She writes. “Whilst under the care of her G.P, my friend was refused all pain relief other than Morphine. She declined the morphine as she wanted to live her life as fully as possible and not be left in a comatose state. From my travels to Asia it occurred to me that most people who live there also have to pay for medical care so they often turn to alternatives whenever they can. I remembered that my Thai friends once told me about Tiger Balm and it’s uses. We can buy it readily in the U.K and it’s very cheap. It’s ingredients are all natural so she felt there was nothing to lose. She had intense pain and it was equally crippling for me to see her suffering. I assisted my friend everyday with her personal care, and her pain was often worse in the evening, so after her shower I would apply a bandage smeared with Tiger balm that was taped over the area of pain. For the first time, in a long time (from day one of its use) she slept pain free. We did this every night, and every night she was getting relief.”
White Willow Bark– is the main ingredients that is used in the manufacturing of aspirin. It contains salicin, which converts to salicylic acid in the stomach but is much less irritating to the stomach than synthetic aspirin. You can use this to relieve pain, inflammation, and fever. This is not to be used when treating children.Because willow bark contains salicin, people who are allergic or sensitive to salicylates (such as aspirin) should not use willow bark.
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- Anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy
The Anti-cancer Revolution webinar series is available from June 17-23rd. This is a free event which features some of the world’s top natural healing experts including integrative doctors and naturopathic oncologists who will share information on natural ways to heal from cancer. This webinar series will include information on nutrition, essential oils, supplements, homeopathy, cellular detox, fasting, ozone therapy, hyperbarics, epigenetics and much more!