Ray Wiseman shares his experience of healing from bladder cancer with fresh broccoli juice
When Ray Wiseman was diagnosed with bladder cancer back in 2003 his doctors did not expect him to survive. They recommended that he have surgery to remove his bladder right away but Ray refused because he felt that this would do more harm to his body than good. A short while later, Ray’s wife received some advice from a friend about the healing benefits of eating more green vegetables so they decided to make a fresh vegetable juice that Ray would drink every day in order to build up his immune system.
The juice that he drank daily consisted of one large head of broccoli combined with carrots and apples that were added to improve the taste. Ray says that drinking this juice has basically halted the cancer in its tracks. His scans revealed that the cancer stopped growing and this greatly improved his chances of having a full recovery.
Mr Wiseman, who lives in Braunstone, Leicestershire, said: ‘I take this juice every day. I know it’s done me good. I suppose it would be the same for everybody.’ He added, ‘If Id had my bladder removed five years ago as was first suggested, I would have been vulnerable to many infections and I would not be here.’
Joan Wiseman says: “We believe my husband’s incredible luck comes down to broccoli. I hope our experience can help other cancer sufferers. The juice is a mess to make but it’s something we have been happy to clear up. He now just takes it as second nature. If anyone’s husband is suffering from cancer and they are not getting on too well, it could help them.” She adds, “I firmly believe that the broccoli drink has helped. If you are hit with something like cancer, then it is definitely something to try. The consultant surgeon has said how amazingly well Ray has done and said it had been a good thing they had not removed his bladder.”
The Wiseman’s were not expecting all of the media attention that occurred after they shared Ray’s experience back in 2008 (which was 5 years after his diagnosis), but they said they were happy to do so if it helps another person to survive this dreaded disease.
Around 10,000 people are diagnosed with bladder cancer every year in the UK. It is the fifth most common form of the disease and affects more men than women, and just under half of these cases turn out to be fatal.
Recent medical studies have highlighted the possible cancer-beating powers of broccoli.
- British scientists at the Institute of Food Research found that men who ate one daily portion had altered patterns of gene activity in their prostates, suggesting that the chemicals in the vegetable might be able to reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- According to a report published in the British Journal of Cancer in 2006, natural chemicals found in certain vegetables, such as broccoli-cauliflower and cabbage, can enhance DNA repair in cells, which could help stop them becoming cancerous.
- A member of the cabbage family, broccoli is rich in vitamin C and has properties that boost the human immune systems that fight viruses, bacteria and cancer.
- Studies have found that boiling broccoli can reduce its anti-cancer compounds, but steaming does not.
- Want to learn more about juicing fresh vegetables~ Read an article about juicing
An interview with Ray and Joan Wiseman
- Cellular toxicity is the cause of cancer
- An anticancer diet and lifestyle plan
- Detoxing therapies for the body
- Systemic enzyme therapy