This information and the testimonials posted here are for informational purposes only. Please read over all information provided in the links below to fully inform yourself before attempting to use black salve for any reason, and do so at your own risk. Please read my disclaimer.
What is black salve?
The use of black salve is sometimes referred to as botanical surgery because of its remarkable ability to purge solid tumors and cancerous skin lesions from the body. It is a thick paste that is made from various native American herbs, with the main herbal component from the Sanguinaria canadensis, or bloodroot.
The salve is used by applying a very small amount over an area of diagnosed or suspected malignancy, which will trigger an immune system response if there is neoplastic (cancerous) tissue at that location. Although it is possible that healthy tissue may become reddened and irritated when the black salve is applied, it is only cancerous tissue that will react with the salve and form into an eschar (or scab).
Once the cancer has been recognized by the immune system, it will slowly be expelled in the form of an eschar that will slowly emerge and detach itself from the body. The process usually begins with tingling or redness at the site of application that is followed by a puss-like oozing that will occur over a period of days or weeks until the eschar finally falls away on it own. This entire process usually takes about two to three weeks, but it can be much longer depending on the situation that you are dealing with and if there is a need for more than one application.
How to use black salve:
Applying the salve -Stir the product before use, a toothpick works well for this. Only a small amount of salve is needed and it is to be applied directly over the area of suspected malignancy only. It is important to keep the black salve from drying out prematurely following the application. One way to do this is to cover the salve with a sterile bandage that has a coating of coconut oil on it to keep the eschar moistened. Iit is essential to keep the eschar from drying out and the coconut keeps the bandage from absorbing all of the moisture from the salve. This bandage will also protect the salve from being disturbed as the eschar is forming, which will also help with pain as it helps to keep the eschar from falling off prematurely. Some people choose to wash the salve off after 48 hours, and others leave the salve on so it becomes part of the eschar. In my own experience I have left it on.
Caring for the eschar– The bandages should be changed regularly as some people report having a significant amount of pus and drainage during the extraction process. You can use a light spray of Colloidal Silver after the eschar has formed to help keep the area sterile. Following the release of the eschar you can apply unrefined coconut oil, Zen Healing Products (to soothe and provide pain relief), or use a vitamin e oil to assist with the healing process and to minimize the scarring.
It is absolutely imperative that the eschar is allowed to fall away on its own. Resist the urge to pick or any attempts to see what is going on underneath as this will only disrupt the entire process and it may require a second application. After the eschar has separated from the skin and falls away it is important to take a good look at the crater-shaped wound that is left behind to look for any remaining cancer. This will appear as white matter or white strands (you will see an example of this posted in the middle of this post). If you do see this, you will need to apply a second application to this area in order to fully expel the rest of the cancer. You can do this right away (will be painful), or you can allow the wound to heal up first and then apply. If the area looks clear, then you can continue to apply the Colloidal Silver, healing balm, coconut oil, or vitamin E oil (which may also help with scarring), along with a clean bandage until the wound has completely healed over.
Those who should NOT use black salve for any reason:
- Do not apply black salve to a fungating tumor as it will not work. This is a tumor that has broken through the skin contains necrotic tissue, pus drainage, an unpleasant smell, and it may have the appearance of cauliflower or have a fungal appearance. These types of tumors will quickly grow out of control after black salve is applied, almost as if they become angry and explosive in their growth and can easily double in size within a short period of time. Look instead at addressing this situation in an internal manner. This might include black salve capsules along with diet changes, supplements, detoxing protocols and other cancer fighting therapies.
- Those with diabetes or poor circulation should not use black salve for any purpose
Before using black salve:
- Educate yourself about this entire process before using black salve for any reason
- It is recommended that you find a knowledgeable individual to guide you through this process, and have a reliable support system available to assist you- – whether this is a friend or family member who is capable of keeping you focused or providing care for you if you cannot take care of things yourself, and then join an internet support group with experienced users to help with any questions or provide guidance should that be needed.
- Only a small amount of black salve is needed and is only applied directly over the suspected area of cancer. Exfoliating the skin beforehand can help get the initial process going.
- Implement caution when applying black salve to areas where the cartilage and/or skin is much thinner than others such as the nose, ears, and cheeks. Applying a large area of salve over these areas has the potential of creating a large eschar that could leave a permanent opening behind after it falls off.
- Black salve extraction is very painful. You may find that you are unable to work during this time, and depending on the location of the suspected lesion, it may be unsightly to be out in public during this process. I have listed a few natural pain remedies that may provide some relief.
- It is essential that the eschar be allowed to fall away on it own and not be subjected to any type of early removal which would leave behind cancerous tissue.
- Sometimes the eschar falls away too early and a second application is needed to complete the process. Salving over an open wound is extremely painful so allowing some healing between salving is a good idea. See the photos below for an example of this.
- Black salve extraction can take up to 3 weeks or more depending on the location and type of condition that you are dealing with. In the case of Bill Trucks (who is pictured below) it took seven weeks to remove his liver/pancreatic/kidney cancer with the salve and then another 2-3 months for his wound to fully heal.
- Do not continually apply the salve over the same spot in a manner that creates a cavernous hole in the breast (or other area) as this will not heal properly and you may be left with a wound that does not close. This can happen after repeated applications to the same area with the hope of drawing out a large tumor that is deep within the breast. The salve should be applied with the goal of drawing the tumor outward to become part of the eschar that will form at or near the surface of the skin. If you are dealing with a large tumor that is not near the surface of the skin you will need to address this situation in an internal manner. This might include using blood root capsules along with diet changes, supplements, detoxing protocols, and other cancer fighting therapies, and then perhaps black salve can be applied at a later time. To add to this, it is normal for the salve to burrow into the skin somewhat during the processes mentioned above, but it is when you continually salve the same spot and begin to create a deep wound that you will have problems and you need to stop with the repeated applications to let this heal up.
- Do not apply turmeric powder to your open wound as I have seen others suggest. It is not sterile, and you want to have the bodies natural healing processes take over in order to heal the wound. You can support the healing process with ointments, essential oils, and colloidal silver, but not with turmeric powder. Great for internal use though! You can read more about the benefits of turmeric/curcumin with this post.
- You will most likely be left with a scar in the area where black salve was applied as can be seen in some of the postings below.
- Finally, this process should not be taken lightly, and you should become fully informed before proceeding with using black salve for any reason.
- Join the Facebook group that I have linked below and study the photos so you can see what the experiences have been for others and how they were able to handle any problems. Ask questions in advance so that you know how to proceed.
Some ideas for natural pain relief
- People who have used black salve report experiencing significant pain accompanied by a pulling-type of sensation that occurs around the area as well. You will need an effective form of pain relief during this process. Here are some ideas that may help with that.
- A DMSO and clove topical pain relief product.
- Make your own DMSO/Clove mixture: 2/3 cup of DMSO – Dimethyl sulfoxide liquid mixed with 1/3 cup of distilled water. Add 30 crushed cloves and allow this mixture to sit in a mason jar for at least one week. Strain out the cloves and you can use this mixture as a pain relief liquid that can be applied topically with a cotton ball to areas of concern.
- ome people have found that using an Ant Venom Tincture works very well for pain relief
- Read more ideas for natural pain remedies
Black salve and bloodroot capsules are available through online vendors
Care must be taken when purchasing black salve products online as some are not effective or are just plain caustic and will not eliminate tumors. I have added links to two vendors at the bottom of the page because of positive feedback I have received from people who have used these salves and found them to be effective. This websites also offer support to those who use their product.
Bloodroot Capsules- are said to be a better choice for someone who is dealing with a larger tumor, internal tumor, or for a systemic condition that the salve may not be able to reach, although they may not be effective for every situation. People have reported good results by taking 6-9 capsules per day that are taken in divided doses, with your meals.
The dosage should start with one capsule and then slowly increase incrementally. Taking a break period from bloodroot capsules and then restarting is also recommended. You can find purchase information for bloodroot capsules along with suggested protocols on the Zenith Herbal website.
It is imperative that one follows an anti-cancer diet and lifestyle protocol to achieve long term success- It should also be noted that detoxing the body, implementing an anticancer diet protocol, and addressing nutritional deficiencies should also coincide or immediately follow this treatment to help prevent a future recurrence. You will find further notes on both of these subjects throughout this blog and I have added a few links at the bottom of this post to get you started.
Testimonials of Using Black Salve
Click on the photo or use this link to read about how Jim used black salve, diet changes and detoxing therapies for melanoma
This video depict the extraction of a melanoma
Robyn Openshaw shares her experience of using black salve for skin cancer
Click on the picture or use this link to read Di’s testimonial of using black salve, Essiac tea and diet changes for breast cancer
Click the picture or use this link to read how Veronique Desaulniers used black salve and natural therapies for breast cancer.
Click on the photo or use this link to read Ann Devlin’s experience of using black salve for a breast tumor
Liver/ Pancreatic Cancer:
This is an example of when the eschar falls off too early and a second application is necessary. Allowing a short period of healing between the resalving is recommended as it is extremely painful.
Black Salve Resources:
Combine this therapy with a healing diet and lifestyle changes